Work in progress!

jpd11009

Work in progress! Any suggestions? (We have a uvb, heat lamp, hydrogemer, and thermometer not pictured)

Attachments

• 3D706A8F-74F5-4AB7-8782-A3EF8A5E839C.jpeg
    3D706A8F-74F5-4AB7-8782-A3EF8A5E839C.jpeg
    190.9 KB · Views: 113
We have a Reptisun 5.0 UVB bulb and a 60W daylight basking bulb. We are going to set them up after the cage gets constructed and see how the UVB outlook looks and how the temps are in areas of the cage!
we checked out linear UVB systems online and they seemed like a decent option especially for when our future buddy gets bigger!

We have a Reptisun 5.0 UVB bulb and a 60W daylight basking bulb. We are going to set them up after the cage gets constructed and see how the UVB outlook looks and how the temps are in areas of the cage!
we checked out linear UVB systems online and they seemed like a decent option especially for when our future buddy gets bigger!
So your current UVB is the compact bulb? If so, I would get the T5 linear now.

I want to thank everyone for the help all day today! Here is our tentative 30” tank when we get our little buddy! We will use this for the first few months until I can build a full size cage for him!
-House/standing humidity is sitting at 50% which i think is great without even misting the cage yet. We are also still awaiting the automatic mister we ordered that we will throw on a timer!
-currently testing out the temperature under the basking light that was provided to us! The 60W bulb provided has the basking area sitting around 83-85 tonight when slightly lifted off the top of the cage. Ultimately I would like to find a sweet spot of 90 that can be accessible in the future!
-the small 5.0 UVB light provided doesn’t seem to be provided a lot of light under our canopy and once reaching 12” from the source. Linear UVB lighting options are in the works as we speak?
-I would greatly appreciate any feedback thank you!!!

Attachments

• D93512D5-E46A-49D6-9CDA-DE8A90C50F98.jpeg
    D93512D5-E46A-49D6-9CDA-DE8A90C50F98.jpeg
    236.4 KB · Views: 90
-the small 5.0 UVB light provided doesn’t seem to be provided a lot of light under our canopy and once reaching 12” from the source. Linear UVB lighting options are in the works as we speak?

Glad you're replacing the UV bulb. I was just reading another post about a cham with MBD from insufficient lighting/diet and it's heartbreaking. With your willingness to take and act on the excellent member feedback, you're on the right path to many happy, healthy years with your cham!

Back
Top Bottom