wont eat

czer

Chameleon Info:
Your Chameleon - Jackson cham, Female, had her for a month now, idk how old she is, i got her from flchams and they said she's wild from hawaii
Handling - once a week to clean her cage.
Feeding - crickets and dubia roaches she only eats 2 a day and stops?:( i gut load them with carrots and oranges
Supplements - reptocal calcium vitamin w/D3 every other day
Watering - i use a cup with a pin hole for dripping 3x a day, i mist about 3x a day. i only seen her drink once.
Fecal Description - brown with some white recently i saw a little yellow

Cage Info:
Cage Type - 18x12x20 screen
Lighting - repti-glo 5.0 uvb/sun-glo 50w
Temperature - outside about 85f high 60f low... inside 80f high 70f low
Humidity - i have a exo-terra combination and the hygrometer is broken last time it worked it was between 50%-60%
Plants -poths
Placement - i place her outside at 9am and back inside at 6pm
Location - southern california

Current Problem - she has a weak appetite and she has not eaten for 2 days now. she does not look skinny, idk if she could be gravid. i only seen her drink water once.

Attachments

• 0109001943.jpg
    0109001943.jpg
    241.6 KB · Views: 156
i live in hawaii also i also have a wild caught jackson. try putting the feeder insect in a feeder cup and leave her out in the sun during the day time. make sure she has plenty of shady to hide from the sun

Chameleon Info:
Your Chameleon - Jackson cham, Female, had her for a month now, idk how old she is, i got her from flchams and they said she's wild from hawaii
Handling - once a week to clean her cage.
Feeding - crickets and dubia roaches she only eats 2 a day and stops?:( i gut load them with carrots and oranges
Supplements - reptocal calcium vitamin w/D3 every other day
Watering - i use a cup with a pin hole for dripping 3x a day, i mist about 3x a day. i only seen her drink once.
Fecal Description - brown with some white recently i saw a little yellow

Cage Info:
Cage Type - 18x12x20 screen
Lighting - repti-glo 5.0 uvb/sun-glo 50w
Temperature - outside about 85f high 60f low... inside 80f high 70f low
Humidity - i have a exo-terra combination and the hygrometer is broken last time it worked it was between 50%-60%
Plants -poths
Placement - i place her outside at 9am and back inside at 6pm
Location - southern california

Current Problem - she has a weak appetite and she has not eaten for 2 days now. she does not look skinny, idk if she could be gravid. i only seen her drink water once.

First of all, the screen is too small. I have a female Jacksons that is in a 16X16X30. Also, I'm pretty sure shes gravid, by that picture, she looks like it. Also, I suggest you get a good thermometer/hygrometer so you know exactly her humidity. Here is a link to a decent one, that is fairly inexpensive.

http://lllreptile.com/store/catalog...a-digital-thermometer--hygrometer-with-probe/

Can you post a recent picture of her please? If its gravid it may show in its colors and size/shape.

You said..."reptocal calcium vitamin w/D3 every other day"...IMHO you only need to use a powder with D3 in it a couple of times a month...and when your chameleon spends most of its time outside, you likely don't have to use it at all.

You said you gutload with carrots and oranges....you can offer a wide variety of greens (dandelions, kale, collards, endive, escarole, mustard greens, etc.) and veggies (carrots, squash, sweet red pepper, sweet potato, celery leaves, zucchini, etc.).

Maybe she is shedding?

Chams somtimes stop eating a few days before they shed just make sure she is still drinking and not lost signifigant weight

She looks quite healthy and plump...could very well be gravid and close to having the babies. Does she ever turn dark and patterened? Does she drink more than normal?

She looks quite healthy and plump...could very well be gravid and close to having the babies. Does she ever turn dark and patterened? Does she drink more than normal?

yea she gets patterned when she is outside basking. I havent seen her drink since i got her.:(

Yes, I agree, she possibly is gravid.
Even though you haven't seen her drink, she probably is as she doesn't look dehydrated at all.
If you have been keeping her outside recently, it has been cool and raining. Chams don't eat as much when it is cooler.

Back
Top Bottom