Won't eat new color. Need help!!!

Que

My veiled female not eating but her temp and humdity are great. She is drinking water

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    236.8 KB · Views: 142
I believe she is four or five months. I just setup a laying bin with dirt and sand. She was showing a little purple on her sides but now she is green and gold

Earlier this week she are a few wax worms. I feed her superworms, wax worms, and meal worms but it has been weeks since she saw a mealworm and mealworms are the only food I have now.

Can you give any other feeders than worms? Have you tried very small cut up fruit and veg? I think you have a veiled, have you?

I tried to feed her fruit and veggies but she refuses to eat them and she is a veiled chameleon

Can you get crickets,roaches, locusts,flys, butter worms , silk worms? Can she find her food? Is she pooping? Some chams will not eat in front of you. Just a few suggestions.:)

I can get crickets and she always ate in front on me before. She can find her food I have a feeding cup close to her basking spot

She is older tha 4 or 5 months.those yellow its indicate sexual maturity and most don't reach that until past 6 months of age.

Do you have a lay bin for her?

If not, get one now.

https://www.chameleonforums.com/blogs/jannb/345-egg-laying-laying-bin.html

Looking at the pic on your other thread I wonder if you have got her age correct. You might want to check out the link above.

That's a great link Kate posted, learn it like tge back of yourhand as you will need it :)

She looks to be at least 6-8 months with her big girl colours. And she looks plump enough to be carrying eggs!

Like janns blog says feeding less and cooler temps can reduce the number of infertile eggs so that's something to think about :)

I set up her laying bin. But she isn't interested in it at all. I hope she is okay. She just got a yellows today. How long before she lays

Just because she has the dots, doesn't mean she needs to lay.

Her lay bin should be accessible 24/7 for when she needs to, but she may not lay for several months.

How much do you feed and how often?

I feed her daily. If its superworms about 9 mealworms about 12 but this was before she stop eating

When was the last time she pooped? she could be constipated.. too many meal/super worms in one day will do that.

Jason

Back
Top Bottom