Winter Humidity Levels

This will be my first full Winter with chameleons and Ohio tends to get frikken dry in the Winter. I'm already planning to put all of my chams in a closed temperature/humidity controlled room but I'm wondering if I can add a piece of plastic around two or three sides of my cages during the Winter to help keep the humidity up. Does anybody have any experience with this? I have them under their own individual cool mist humidifiers and I spray them often (usually 5-6 times a day).

Thoughts?

Make sure you have a good hydrometer to measure the humidity and yes people do use plastic around some of the screen enclosure to keep the levels up. Shower curtains work well.

We get really dry too with the heat on in the house.
All my guys have either automatic rain or misting systems, and their cages are covered on 3 sides with thick plastic. I also keep a 10gal humidifier going every day (off at night).

I also have 3 sides of my enclosure covered. Use the door and window film juts from Lowe's or Home Depot. Put on the dbl sided tape. Put plastic over that. Shrink it tight with the hair dryer.

That's a good idea. I hadn't thought of the shrinkable stuff. Thanks. I assume you guys remove the plastic in the Spring or Summer?

Back
Top Bottom