Winter Help.

zlew

Hi, so, my parents have told me that around the time of my birthday, I can get a second chameleon. SO EXCITED. On that note, my birthday is in December, and I live in NY. Short story shorter, cold. If I am there when my chameleon is delivered, like the guy hands me the box, is it ok to ship them? Or is the transit bad as well? There are places near me that have chameleons, though they are not very reputable, and I really want one from sunshine chameleons sunstreaker or candy cane at chameleon paradise. Any advice? Is it really bad to ship in the winter even if I am there the second he is delivered? Can I wait until there is a warm forecast for the week?

I got my panther from the Panther Company in November last year. He was shipped with a heat pack in the box and was actually quite toasty. They are in Cali and I live in Pittsburgh, PA and it is cold here too. I would recommend that you contact each of the sellers that you would be getting the chameleon from and ask their shipping policies and cold weather shipping. This is what they do for a living so would be best able to address your concerns.

Many breeders won't ship below a certain degrees. I know I had to wait a little bit in March for my guy. I would conact the breeder now and ask if there is weather stipulations for shipping just so you have an idea. Quick email would be fine.

Back
Top Bottom