Willow has arrived

Kevin1873

Well Willow arrived last Thursday from Mike at FLChams. He's a 4 month old male Veiled and he's been doing great getting use to his new environment. He's a stubborn little guy and has already picked out his favorites spots to chill. He's eating a ton of crickets and as soon as he gets a little bigger I'll feed him a variety of superworms and roaches. The silkies hatched a a week and a half ago and are getting bigger everyday so hopefully we'll see how he likes those. But he seems to love crickets to death but he hates being misted with a passion, He looks at me with the spray bottle and just wants me to die every time I mist his cage but if I give him a good mist then hook up his dripper, 10 min later he mellows out a bit and drink, at least I hope he does. No signs of dehydration in his poop yet so I'm sure he does it when I'm not looking. I'm at work right now so I'll try and get some pics posted of him and his enclosure when I get home. I have him in a 16.5X16.5X30 Reptarium which I hate with a freaking passion so I'm gonna wait unil he's a little older than 5 months and get him a 24X24x48 screen cage from LLLReptile. He has a Reptisun 5.0 UVB bulb and a 60W Incandescent bulb with a basking spot of 90 degrees, which he seems to be happy with and misting 3 times a day.

Congratulations on your new arrival! Mike is great, and no doubt your cham is in fine condition. Your setup sounds good. Looking forward to photos.

Sweet!
Post some pictures!
I'm sure you knew that was comming. :D
I have a 5 month old female Veiled from Mike.
She is pictured in my gallery.
I have her on a wide variety of food already.
Crickets, roaches, and supers so far.
8 large crickets, 6 1/2" roaches, or 5 suppers each day.
She is begining to get a little fat in my opinion, so I may cut back.

Ditch the reptarium asap!
I cant stand those darn things.
- good luck!

Sweet Justin, that's awesome man. Your female looks great. Right now I have a ton of Crickets and super worms, only problem is the worms are about 3/4 in to an Inch in length and pretty fat so I think they are too big to feed my Cham, I got them about a week before my cham and I swear in 1 week they grew twice the size they were when I first got them so i don't want to take a chance on my cham choking on em'. I'd get roaches but they are had to find right now. I put in about 12-15 Crickets in the morning and only see maybe 1 or 2 by lights off so he's definitely eating them cause there's no where for them to hide. I definitely agree with you on the Reptarium, its gotta go. By the time I found out it was a bad idea it was too late, I ordered it before i joined the forum back in December so I'm stuck with it until he gets a little bigger. Still working a good supplement schedule for him too. You'll prob see the pics tomorrow as I work a night job and don't get off until about 1 a.m. P.S.T. I'm on the West Coast in California so look for them then.

I can't wait to see pics!!
It sounds like the enclosure is nice.. As for getting a new enclosure based on advice here. ;)
I have recieved so much advice and knowledge here. It is by far the best forum I have ever had the honour of being a part of!!

This is Willow. He just had his first shed today. 7 days and 1 hour after he first arrived. I was too busy putting up 120 feet of fence in the backyard so I didn't get any shots of him shedding but he's coloring up great. but this is him when I got him 1 week ago today. He came from Mike at FLCham, he's 4 months old.

Attachments

• Willow03 03-27-08.jpg
    Willow03 03-27-08.jpg
    165.7 KB · Views: 152
  • Willow05 03-27-08.jpg
    Willow05 03-27-08.jpg
    178.6 KB · Views: 111
  • Willow07 03-27-08.jpg
    Willow07 03-27-08.jpg
    165.3 KB · Views: 100
Back
Top Bottom