will this work?

Make sure you cover up the soil in your pots. River Rock is what I use. Make sure it is big enough so your cham can't swallow any. This can lead to serious consequences (impactation). Here's a pic.

Nice job on the cage!

Attachments

• RiverRock.JPG
    RiverRock.JPG
    157.7 KB · Views: 131
The only thing I would change would be the screen. Not being vinyl coated may become an issue as he gets older. Other than that..great job!

Make sure you cover up the soil in your pots. River Rock is what I use. Make sure it is big enough so your cham can't swallow any. This can lead to serious consequences (impactation). Here's a pic.

I'm in the group that believes that soil eating is natural, and that the impaction concerns are way over-hyped. I base this on having raised many thousands of chameleons. I think you need to keep your soil clean, and "as dirt" (not peat, orchid bark, etc) as much as possible. :rolleyes:

I'm in the group that believes that soil eating is natural, and that the impaction concerns are way over-hyped. I base this on having raised many thousands of chameleons. I think you need to keep your soil clean, and "as dirt" (not peat, orchid bark, etc) as much as possible. :rolleyes:

I have to agree with this... but I've only worked with 11 chams :eek:

Just keep the dirt, dirt. Remove anything that could impact the animal and you don't have to worry about impaction.

vinyl coated?

Yes Vinyl coated screen (hardware cloth) You should be able to find it in most hardware stores. If not vinyl, plastic hardware cloth.

Aluminum is course and can cause injuries if your Cham ever starts rubbing his nose. Being this enclosure isn't the biggest (albeit adequate) you stand a greater risk for this behavior.

Edit: Where did you find that driftwood/grape vine? And if I may what did you pay for it?

I'm sure that they must do this in the wild. I mentioned this because I saw what appeared to be perlite in the soil.

Yes Vinyl coated screen (hardware cloth) You should be able to find it in most hardware stores. If not vinyl, plastic hardware cloth.

Aluminum is course and can cause injuries if your Cham ever starts rubbing his nose. Being this enclosure isn't the biggest (albeit adequate) you stand a greater risk for this behavior.

Edit: Where did you find that driftwood/grape vine? And if I may what did you pay for it?

i actually bought it at a reptile show in pomona a while back. i bought it off of lllreptile

Back
Top Bottom