Will this Idea Work?

ColeCham333

So I have an idea for hanging my pothos plant from the top of the cage, and I'm wondering if you guys think this will work. I have an XL reptibreeze I'm using 25lb fishing line strung through holes I made in the pot. The line Runs up and out through the Roof of the cage right next to the metal frame. I will wrap it around the frame and then put the line back through the SIDE this time right next to the frame. This way, all the weight from the plant will not be on the screen, it will be on the metal frame of the reptibreeze. Each plant will have multiple lines that do this, that way the weight will be dispersed on the frame. Hopefully you all understand my idea, and please tell me if you think the frame will support the plant. Thanks

Would help to know how big the pot is, maybe take some pics. But i would be willing to bet it works just fine. You can also put some sort of support that runs end to end on top of your cage tie off through the mesh there. The only problem you have there is not interfering with your lights. Ive also run supports before under the pot and ties them off to vines and such elsewhere in the cage which help to take some weight off the pot as well as keep it level. The more of a viney network you create and attach together the more secure everything becomes.

Would help to know how big the pot is, maybe take some pics. But i would be willing to bet it works just fine. You can also put some sort of support that runs end to end on top of your cage tie off through the mesh there. The only problem you have there is not interfering with your lights. Ive also run supports before under the pot and ties them off to vines and such elsewhere in the cage which help to take some weight off the pot as well as keep it level. The more of a viney network you create and attach together the more secure everything becomes.

I was thinking about doing that as well, but I'd prefer to not use the wood dowel just because it keeps everything looking nicer.

why not put some stakes across the top so you can support from those instead of on the frame itself......................

Back
Top Bottom