Will they grow BACK?????

justinaskin

The cage I used to have in Cham In had a little smaller mesh. I noticed that a couple of his claws on his front feet got pulled out.

Has this happend to any one? Will they grow back?:(

I have made him a new cage with larger mesh so that won't happen again.

I would just like to know if they will come back.

If just the tip was broken they will grow back, if however the entire nail bed was pulled out it will now grow back.

We've actually had our female break a nail but they do grow back but pretty slow and it really doesnt hurt them to be missing a claw. I also think it's more likely to happen if you're cage is made out of mesh.
Hope I helped :)

I am thinking it was the mesh as well. The cage he was in before has small mesh.

He lost the two outside oned on bothe front feel. Is that realle bad?

I built him a larger cage with 1/4" mesh and so it won't happen any more. I do find that he is having a harder time getting a grip on the walls. While crawling on branches her seems ok.

Attachments

• IMG-20110904-00012.jpg
    IMG-20110904-00012.jpg
    249.6 KB · Views: 154
I suspect it is determined by where the break occurred. Something that is difficult for us to see. I once had to have surgery on a toe near the base of the nail. The doctor told me to monitor if the nail was growing properly...he said he was right at the "growth point".

So, some broken nails might regrow, some might not and we can't really tell from looking at it what's going to happen.

They will only grow back if the nail was broken off and not torn off....its like cats you can clip there nails but once you De-claw them then they are gone for good

Back
Top Bottom