Will the Dubia I got from rainbow mealworms mate and reproduce??

I just watched a video on YouTube by Dave’s little beasties on how he keeps Dubia s and I wondered if you all keep your colonies on a bed of bran? How important is it? My Dubia are just in a clear plastic container with nothing but a few egg flats. I do gutload them with greens and carrots or sweet potato and red peppers and such. I couldn’t find a solid color bin when I was setting up for them. I know they like the dark.

Aflataxin mold can grow on a lot of things and is pretty harmful to people and animals. I believe peanuts, corn, and grains are the big ones it tends to grow on, but I'm not sure how common it is.

I use coco coir, horticultural charcoal, leaf litter/rotten wood, and sphagnum moss for pretty much all of my bugs. Most roaches could thrive simply off coco coir.

Oh and I use all clear bins and actually have a dim light on in my roach room for a day schedule. While they like the dark, many will also come out in the day once they're comfortable. I think it is unnatural to have them in dark 24/7.

I bought 50 Dubia medium size last month from rainbow mealworms and I still have a lot of them! Will they mate and reproduce in the plastic bin I have them in? They were supposed to be medium sized but they were quite large when I got them and now they’re even bigger! How do you tell the males from the females? Is there a way to prevent them from reproducing?
I am thinking og atarting with dubias too and watched a pretty good video on utube on housing , feeding etc. but dont have the actual site. You should look there. I order from rainbow too and have always been satisfied with the health and condition of the feeders.

Yes I’ve always been satisfied with rainbow mealworms and their bugs. I get all my bugs from them as their prices so far have been the best.

Back
Top Bottom