Will Reptisun or Arcadia UVB lights be enough lighting for my plants?

suprdude

Avid Member
Will Reptisun or Arcadia UVB lights be enough lighting for my plants, or do I need another light for my plants to thrive?
Thanks.

There are different options from long to regular light bulb size. On my site www.caskabove.com we list some options and have basic plant care. You will want to think about the plants and their individual needs as much as the chameleon it self. The whole thing works together when set up right. The right planting soils and placement will work to help balance temp and humidity.

what are you running up top? I you might get by with a quad but id be largely dependant on the plants and your home environment and natural light available as well. i have two 2x2x4 set-ups and run with a quad fixture on one and have the other half for drip or basking or whatnot the new one has a basking bulb and a led and i am running a dual t5 instead to save space and the led is a game-changer. if you have a quad it might take 1/2 your space and tbh you can keep pothos or some forgiving plants alive with that for sure but mainly in the canopy or top 12 inches with t5 you don't get the depth of the led.

i recently got the 70w sansi led and its amazing plants cham and owner approve and it is a small square with waterproof cable i hesitated too long if you want to keep your plants alive consider searching for led options on the forum there are some real in detail threads about wavelength and fixtures and stuff that goes over my head.

what are you running up top? I you might get by with a quad but id be largely dependant on the plants and your home environment and natural light available as well. i have two 2x2x4 set-ups and run with a quad fixture on one and have the other half for drip or basking or whatnot the new one has a basking bulb and a led and i am running a dual t5 instead to save space and the led is a game-changer. if you have a quad it might take 1/2 your space and tbh you can keep pothos or some forgiving plants alive with that for sure but mainly in the canopy or top 12 inches with t5 you don't get the depth of the led.

i recently got the 70w sansi led and its amazing plants cham and owner approve and it is a small square with waterproof cable i hesitated too long if you want to keep your plants alive consider searching for led options on the forum there are some real in detail threads about wavelength and fixtures and stuff that goes over my head.
I'm still in the process of converted my custom Vivarium from frogs to chameleons. Planning the lights now. I have two large 6500k lights which was for plants only

There are different options from long to regular light bulb size. On my site www.caskabove.com we list some options and have basic plant care. You will want to think about the plants and their individual needs as much as the chameleon it self. The whole thing works together when set up right. The right planting soils and placement will work to help balance temp and humidity.
Big (y)(y) for your website. Looking really great with tons of useful information.

I'm still in the process of converted my custom Vivarium from frogs to chameleons. Planning the lights now. I have two large 6500k lights which was for plants only
I´m using the Zoo Med Reptisun Led / UVB fixture and that works so far pretty good with my plants. All plants underneath the white led lights are almost growing noticeable daily. This could be an alternative.

Will Reptisun or Arcadia UVB lights be enough lighting for my plants, or do I need another light for my plants to thrive?
Thanks.
No. While a T5 HO UVB linear bulb & fixture are currently the best option for UVB, for plants you'll get more bang for your buck from full-spectrum LED plant lights.

You'll probably want something that's got enough umph (PPFD in plant light terms) to reach down into the bowels of the enclosure. Planning the plants is good; those requiring the least amount of light at the bottom of the enclosure & verse-vicea.

This one is gaining popularity for chameleon enclosures; IMO it's specs are very good.
https://www.sansiled.com/70w-led-grow-light-full-spectrum.html

You can usually get coupons for this company's products. If it seems expensive, consider it has a 50K hr. life, 5 yr. warranty, and it's environmentally green (no mercury).

I have 2 of them in a double-wide enclosure, and all the plants are thriving.

Back
Top Bottom