Will not hand feed

Braden994

my chameleons name is grumpy he is a male veiled chameleon I used to be able to hand feed him all the time be he will no long hand feed he is probably 7-8 months old got him from a pet store anyway long story short he is very afraid of me anymore and can be aggressive and will no long hand feed idk if there is some way to gain his trust back or just stuck with it? Any advice would be useful

First you have to wait out his teenage hormonal stage. This may take a few months for some it never ends. Then slowly begin gaining his trust over again from the start. Try hand feeding him in a free range (tree or plant not in his cage) he won't be defending his territory and may warm back up to you.

Yeah I’m currently working around his teenage time I just wanted a little reassurance that it can happen again lol

Superworms are like crack to my chams so I always know how to get back on their good side.
You just need to find their kryptonite and only hand feed it.
Good luck.

He did enjoy the super worms tell he went on his man period i can’t get a roach to stay still long enough I was thinking maybe a couple wax worms maybe to get back on his good side he’s never eattin one of those, I’ve read that they get addicted to them lol addicted to the worm

He did enjoy the super worms tell he went on his man period i can’t get a roach to stay still long enough I was thinking maybe a couple wax worms maybe to get back on his good side he’s never eattin one of those, I’ve read that they get addicted to them lol addicted to the worm
Careful with waxworms though. They aren't nutritious at all for chams

Back
Top Bottom