Will not eat worms

NooNoo76

I've recently welcomed a baby Yeman approx. 8months old. He is eating well but only locust and crickets I keep trying him on different types of worms for variety but he will not entertain them. I've tried hand feeding putting them in a cup at different levels, still no joy. Is there anything else I can try or any other method I can use to ensure my baby has a good balanced varied diet.
Thanks
Nooska

Hi Nooska, I've just got a 12 week old Panther Cham, he won't even look in his dish for worms, same concerns re balanced diet. Eating crickets and locusts, bit powdered and gut loaded so not hugely worried at the moment but looking ahead? 007, wouldn't super worms be too big for a juvenile? Any suggestions gratefully received...

try calcium worms/Phoenix worms, butter worms(high in fat though), small horn worms, small silk worms, small dubia roaches,

Order up some small hornworms! I can't even get them all the way in the cage before my guy snatches them up! :ROFLMAO: When he sees me messing around with a hornworm container he waits right at the door and when I open the door he is usually already targeting them! :D

hornworms look good, except they're illegal as i've discovered (see a threat on cf for hornmworms in UK), as indeed its illegal to see locusts in the US. I guess so's not to mess with the indigenous insect population :). off to south london today to hunt me up some silkworms.

If you have a screen cage, hang the buggers on the screen so they crawl up toward the chameleon.

CHEERS!

nick

If you have a screen cage, hang the buggers on the screen so they crawl up toward the chameleon.
I did that today with some hornworms and the last one was really hanging on for life. The whole screen pulled back with that worm when my cham grabbed him.

You need to move to the USA

Freya3.jpg Freya1.jpg

oh if only :). anyway, tried silk worms and butterworms now, she takes those from the dish. she just wouldn't touch the meal worms. And Ive discovered that Alfie is actually female, so, (re)introducing Freya.

Back
Top Bottom