Will I Still Need A Dripper?

The Wild One

Chameleon Enthusiast
Will I still need a little dripper running in my bioactive if I have a mist king? If not please pm me and I’ll be happy to give it away!

Will I still need a little dripper running in my bioactive if I have a mist king? If not please pm me and I’ll be happy to give it away!

Personally speaking I always attempt to teach my animals to drink from a water dish, and a dripper as an ultimate failsafe if something going wrong when I'm away. Naturally I rely on the mistking, but im paranoid, have had too many bad experiences over the years of something failing when I'm not there to correct it.

It won't hurt, just make sure crickets can't access the dish.

I would still have the dripper as a back up... I have a dripper and mistking... Even with my misting sessions he will drink randomly through the day off the leaves from the dripper.

Depends, I've never seen my Parsons drink from a dripper. I swear he'd probably dehydrate before drinking it lol. Never saw my Panthers use it either, but didn't try for that long with them.

Yeah Coda goes crazy for water, I have no idea why. So it would probably be weird if it wasn’t in there.

I am sure it varies from Cham to Cham.

I have never used them.
But too that point, I recently had changed my misting schedule, and my female became dehydrated. At this same time I saw her drinking more. I believe now she missed some days of getting a drink because of the change. She became thirstier so I saw her drinking, before she was drinking but not in front of me.
She adjusted and her poops look good.
Now I change slowly if I need to.

Back
Top Bottom