Wild Caught Jacksons

I agree that we should observe these wild populations without disturbing them... at least at this point. I am so excited to learn that there are some in Cali just because it gives me the op to do some actual field herping on one of my Favorite reptiles without having to book a flight to Africa. I would love to do some research into things such as what kind of Vegetation they are inhabiting and at what altitude. And even look into more importantly what they are preying on to survive and what kind of effect there presence is having on the local ecosystem. I will admit that if I found an awesome looking male with some bitchin horns out in the wild... It would be very tempting to take him. Some may not agree with me but as a chameleon lover
I love the fact that there are wild chams here period, Whether native or not... It's awesome. We just have to keep an eye on it ... Make sure they aren't causing the ecosystem to fall apart somehow... And then if they become over populated or a nuisance somehow... We can go catch them all before the wildlife people start erraticating them...Free Jackson's for Everyone!:D

I agree .... shhhh... This should be our secret.

I agree that the whole thing sounds like a ton of fun and even I get excited about such things. I'd be interested in seeing them, but I'd leave them where they are.

When i went to Maui yrs ago I looked. I couldn't find any wild chams. Granted I didn't spend a whole day or night. The wife was there too. lol But i just wanted to see a wild cham in its natural habitat. Good luck they are hard to spot.

Whoa didnt think there was any left in N.cali. I heard about this population but thought that it was tiny and that it dried up in the early 90's. thanks Tex. pan. man for bringing back this old thread.

No Prob. I love talking about wild chams. I think we could support some wild calyptratus in so. texas. I'm suprised we haven't heard of any yet.

Oh yea, veileds could live in S.Texas. You guys do have other cool nonnative lizards in Texas. I believe you guys have some interesting geckos, maybe a uncommon phelsuma spp?

Yeah i have some really cool geckos around my backyard and in the garage here in Houston. We had a hard cold winter this year i wonder how many made it. We haven't had a cold winter like this in many years.

My buddy was in Houston airport last Thursday and he said it was snowing so hard he thought that he landed in the wrong airport. Hope your geckos made it.

Back
Top Bottom