Wild Caught failure?

chamguy

I purchased a wild caught female last fall. She seemed fine for the first few weeks, but she never acclimated, and was very sensitive. This behaviour continued for the following months. I kept on thinking she would snap out of it as she would improve, but I was wrong.

I will admit, I contracted the flu myself afew weeks ago, and couldn't get to far from the bathroom. I was out of a week. I tried my best to give the normal care usually given but this seems to be the straw the broke the chameleons back. She became very ill and soon after died. I suppose it is best this way as she never improved. All my other chams are fine, and their behaviour never really changes. I have never had much luck with WC animals in general.

Anyone have similar experinces with WC chameleons?animals?

This happens to a lot of people. Don't be to hard on yourself because you really did try. I'm sorry this happened :( what chameleon was she?
I've never owned a WC cham, so I could say :/

sorry, forgot to mention. She was a veiled. Just so darn finicky, and I hate having an empty cage that is fully planted. But :(sadly:( I am off to college next fall so no more adding of reptiles at the moment.

sorry, forgot to mention. She was a veiled. Just so darn finicky, and I hate having an empty cage that is fully planted. But :(sadly:( I am off to college next fall so no more adding of reptiles at the moment.

Awww :( how sad... I don't know what I'll do when I go away. But isn't it sad to just see the cage, totally empty? :( I can't even imagine it.

I purchased a wild caught female last fall. She seemed fine for the first few weeks, but she never acclimated, and was very sensitive. This behaviour continued for the following months. I kept on thinking she would snap out of it as she would improve, but I was wrong.

I will admit, I contracted the flu myself afew weeks ago, and couldn't get to far from the bathroom. I was out of a week. I tried my best to give the normal care usually given but this seems to be the straw the broke the chameleons back. She became very ill and soon after died. I suppose it is best this way as she never improved. All my other chams are fine, and their behaviour never really changes. I have never had much luck with WC animals in general.

Anyone have similar experinces with WC chameleons?animals?

i had a WC panther, he did amazingly. it should probably be chalked up to the guy that had him before me getting him acclimated.

only difference with him was he was a jumper, and always at unexpected moments. he had a pretty good disposition otherwise and his color was fantastic. i really liked his rostrum too.

i now have 2 wc jacksons that are doing well, there were some issues with the male and his toes, he was a screen climber before i got him becuase he was housed with the female and it was a very poorly furnished cage. his front toes were bent back when i got him and they seem to have corrected themselves but i did and still have a tad of swelling.

i had a pair of wc werneri but i got rid of them only after a few months because i was afraid of trying for another live bearer breeding after my failure with my first pair of jacksons.

Back
Top Bottom