Wild Bradypodion setaroi. iSimangaliso, South Africa.

melanocephalum

Avid Member
Another weekend out scratching around produced 15 or so of these.

Setaro's Dwarf Chameleon are only found in a small stretch of coastal bush along the Indian Ocean Costal Belt in South Africa and just into Mozambique.

They're prolific in certain area's and totally absent in others.

Sub Adult Female:

Bradypodion_setaroi_Tyrone_Ping_2016_WM10.jpg

Various Juveniles:
Bradypodion_setaroi_Tyrone_Ping_2016_WM6.jpg

Bradypodion_setaroi_Tyrone_Ping_2016_WM8.jpg

Bradypodion_setaroi_Tyrone_Ping_2016_4.jpg

These are one of the smaller Bradypodion in South Africa. Here is a sub-adult
for scale:
Bradypodion_setaroi_Tyrone_Ping_2016_WM3.jpg

Thanks for looking,

More pictures over on : http://www.tyroneping.co.za/chameleons/bradypodion-setaroi/

As always wonderful pics!!

Was this a species off your "to find" list, or had you already previously photographed this species in situ?

Thanks for sharing!

As always wonderful pics!!

Was this a species off your "to find" list, or had you already previously photographed this species in situ?

Thanks for sharing!

Thanks man, they're a species I've found countless times but whenever I'm in the area I can't let an opportunity to get new images. Always shoot the animals insitu.

Cool thing is finding them at night and going back to the tree/shrub in the early morning to get images before they move off.

Thanks man, they're a species I've found countless times but whenever I'm in the area I can't let an opportunity to get new images. Always shoot the animals insitu.

Cool thing is finding them at night and going back to the tree/shrub in the early morning to get images before they move off.

That's awesome. Being able to go back to the area where they slept and get more pics sounds like a blast!

Completely jealous!

Back
Top Bottom