Why won't my cham eat worms??

So a few days ago I decided to get horn and super worms (25 of each) and every day I try to feed yoda 2-3 worms but he just wont budge and eat them. I tried cup feeding and just letting them loose in the cage but he does not seem interested at all. He does however run to eat crickets so its not like he has no appetite but i just want him to eat a variety of food. So should i just hold off on the worms for a few days or continue to offer them? Thanks :)

Some chams are picky. But I wish I had your problem right now. All 7 of my panthers are on a worm binge right now. Its drivivng me crazy. Just give him time to understand that the worms are ment to eat. Sometimes they dont reconize some feeders as food. But when he takes that first bite. You will know.

Haha i really hope he finds out soon. It can get a little frustrating holding the cup to him begging him to eat and all he does is look at me like im some kind of weirdo lol. Can superworms be kept in the fridge along with hornworms to stop their growth?

No. But supers live a long time. Also they can be gutloaded like your crickets. But they shouldnt be feed to much because thy can cause a impaction. And other worms can be to liquidy for them too. Thats why im mad that my chams are on a bidge. Because worms are not good as a staple. Just as a treat. More or less.

I know I tried cup feeding mealies and Ozzie ignored them and I finally figured out that if something moves alot he will go after it quicker so I held a mealie in my finger tips and it made the mealie move alot and Ozzie snatched him right out of my hand.

I swear I bought a half/Pig Cham. Today Ozzie ate a total of 26 crickets :eek:

Supers are slow growers too and they don't get overly huge like the hornworms do. You can also just remove the horns from the pod so they dont have access to the food. I have never tried the fridge. My chameleon has been pretty much on a worm diet for the past 8 months so. He eats supers pretty much every other day and I have not had any problems whatsoever with him not being able to poop! I do feed silks, horns, and silk moths along with the supers though. I try to mix up some soft feeders with the supers and he seems to be pretty healthy from what I can tell.

I know I tried cup feeding mealies and Ozzie ignored them and I finally figured out that if something moves alot he will go after it quicker so I held a mealie in my finger tips and it made the mealie move alot and Ozzie snatched him right out of my hand.
:

Ugh i don't even want to think of holding the worms with my bare hands, they creep me out so i try grabbing them with tweezers and they start to roll themselves up and touch me anyways lol...But yea Carol i would love if my cham ate all sorts of worms and other feeders so hopefully he will start sooner than later

My new cham just had his first super worms today! He didn't have a problem getting them, and It was much easier to see how much he was eating, than just dumping cricket in. He will still be getting some crix so I can keep his diet varied, but he did seem to get a taste of the worms. They did need to be moving around quite a bit tho. I ended up picking them up by their butts and making them crawl up the cage about 7 inches from my cham. Maybe if you can do that with tweezers it will work. Once they started crawling up the cage, he new what to do! I am hoping to go to Petco tomorrow and pick up some phoenix worms and see what he thinks of those

Believe me, the worms were crawling all over the place, one even crawled right under his nose on the screen for about a minute and Yoda just looked at him like they were best friends while i was screaming "FINISH HIM!!".... But anyways i'll just try again tomorrow

Back
Top Bottom