Why isn't he shedding?

Jupiter

So I got Aesop 22 days ago, when he was about three and a quarter months old. He had some dandruff on his head that is still there and hasn't really changed much. A while ago he started puffing and gaping and thrashing, and I made a post about it, and I was reassured that it was a sign on an impending shed. Bruce, from Chameleon Paradise, (whom I bought him from) saw the thread and actually called me up to second it being a shed. That was about a week ago, and the pic he was referring to was taken about a week before that. What gives? The humidity stays within acceptable ranges and I give him a shower most every day and usually cover his cage with a wet towel at night. I thought a panther his age should have shed by now?

Some times it can take a week or more to finally be ready.

babies can shed every few weeks to once a month. It just depends.

I wouldn't worry yet, hell shed when he needs to.

Thanks for your response, he actually started to peel RIGHT after I made this post, the little snot. It's a relief though.

Almost the exact same thing happened to me. A few days after I got my panther I started to notice some sort of peeling near the top of his head( not really peeling but sort of a loosish white/gray skin) so I though it was a shed. I waited for about two weeks waiting for him to shed. A week later I come home from being out for the morning and I see a clump of chameleon with nasty peeling skin right in front of me. I was so excited, this being his first shed and all.

Back
Top Bottom