why does he want out?

Hyperpower

my first guess would be he's outgrown his cage.. everything else is fine
before I go and buy him a bigger cage right away I want to know what's a decent size cage for him at an adult size.

here are some pictures of him in his cage...he's always trying to get out and he goes around in each corner trying to get out...I really don't understand why he suddenly wants out. please help!

before you say it's the bulb...it's not because I've used an incandesant before and he still wants out.

edit: not sure why all the pictures didn't upload...hope that one is good enough.

Attachments

• 20130830_134201.jpg
    20130830_134201.jpg
    246.2 KB · Views: 110
Bigger is always better... recommended is 24x24x48. I wanted to to mine at 30x30x48 but my apartment isn't big enough. You can try free ranging too.

He does look too big for the cage. I'm not an expert, so I'm not going to say for sure that is the reason he wants out...

When you do get a bigger cage you might want to add more foliage as he doesn't have many places to hide. Since I started taking Popeye out this summer, every time I come near his viv he reaches to come out. Guess the grass is always greener on the other side.:)

Back
Top Bottom