Why does he do this?

We've only had him for a week but after he walks on us for a while he will flop over like this. We think either he gets scared of the cat who seems to always come into the room when he does this, or perhaps his legs are weak due to living at petco previously. His tail is very strong for how little he is. I'm just worried cause I love him! He starts moonwalking when kitty is in the room also. He gets crickets dusted with calcium without D3 daily. Multivitamin and calcium with D3 once a week. He refuses to eat roaches but he likes his crickets so we will keep trying until he likes them. When he's bigger I will treat him with hornworms like I do with our veiled girls.
He has a T8 light fixture and a 100 watt heat bulb in a dome light (will get him more lights later). He's in the large reptibreeze zoo med cage (Will get an xl when he's bigger and I get paid again). He has a pothos and a wandering jew plant in his enclosure. Like i said we've only had him a week so he has been growing and getting healthier in just one week. Here's how he flops over in your hand:
Also his right back foot always turns a different color than the rest of him. It's cute as heck. In this picture he was looking towards where the cat is also.
20180629_191206.jpg

Last edited:
He's hiding. Probably from the cat. Follow his gaze and he will show you what he's afraid of. Remember, cats and dogs are natural predictors.

He's hiding. Probably from the cat. Follow his gaze and he will show you what he's afraid of. Remember, cats and dogs are natural predictors.
Okay. That's good to know. I try to put my hand around him so he can't see her. She isn't allowed anywhere near any of our chams cause she would hurt them.. He's right to be scared of her. We keep our two veiled girls and this sweet boy in our room where she isn't allowed. I was worried his legs were weak. He holds onto his branches really well though. I'll make better sure he can't see miss kitty in the future.

How old is he? He's probably a little scared of you, too. As far as the color of his back leg, that looks like a little genetic defect. It won't affect his health. Just adds some character! He is a beautiful cham!

How old is he? He's probably a little scared of you, too. As far as the color of his back leg, that looks like a little genetic defect. It won't affect his health. Just adds some character! He is a beautiful cham!
I'm sure he is afraid of me too, but he sure is friendly! I opened his cage last night and he ran into my hand. He likes to explore. I am not sure h ow old he is, I wanna say 4 months cause when I went to visit him the first time a month ago, he was really tiny. He is beautiful!!! I'll tell him you said that!

Also, try to hold your hand up and spread your fingers like branches. He will probably feel a little more comfortable than trying to "fit into a cup" (cupped hand).

Back
Top Bottom