why do you do it?

ur rabis comparrison wasn't so good either very dramatized. Chameleons get like that almost every time you hold them unless they are really used to you. Also the less you hold them the more like that they are gonna be I mean I left my veiled alone when he was young and now he will attack you if you even think about going in his cage. Also seing you're chameleon fired up and taking pictures is fun you want to see the animal you care for and dedicate much time too.....you care for this animal im sure a few minutes for a photo sesh isnt so inhumane seing as how you are the what feeds it. These animals also get fired up in the wild when they encounter other animals or males and such so im sure a little spark of their natural defensive instinct is not all that bad. I think that you are thinking to much it is good to be concerned but common dont go all peta everyone on this forum likes their animals a lot im sure and don't intentionally torture them for their amusment.
...that was longgggg lol

my head hurts after trying to read this...but you are right, i was thinking TOO much. just trying to figure everything out and get the info about these animals. im far from a peta psycho, believe me.

Lmao! Good one! I think the word stressed is used a lot on the forum's. I like to take pic's of my cham's in their enclosure's. lol, notice the apostrophe's?
...hilarious :rolleyes:

Hmm, not much of a grammar Nazi after all then. lol.:p
yeah, i guess not. :rolleyes:

just sounds like keeping chameleons free of stress is really important, so i was jut trying to get info about pissing them off with a camera.

i'll admit that perhaps i went about it the wrong way with my standard sarcastic attitude. it doesnt sound like it is a huge deal, carry on with the pissed off chameleon pictures.

thanks to those who contributed helpful responses.

and thanks to others for the amusment

One reason for slightly pissed/puffed up chameleon pics is they seem to show a lot of color when a little mad, also some times you can't avoid making them a little mad.

I doubt many are trying to make them mad, but if they get mad and show awesome color why wast the photo op? I under stand stress is bad and I try to limit it in both my, and my pet's life, but stressing over stress seems like a pointless exercise to me.

This issue you raise speaks to a larger issue of people imbuing their chameleons with human emotion. This isn't ever really a problem, except when people say things like, "My chameleon loves me, she even enjoys being taken on road trips." This is much like people thinking that cats enjoy human contact- they have much more complex brains than chameleons, and even they don't enjoy contact, they just tolerate it. Likewise, chameleons don't experience love or cameraderie. They are, however, fascinating from a scientific standpoint, and can be great for building character.

Showing off a colorful intense patterned picture usually gets more looks, comments, ooos and ahhhs. Yea there could be many different reasons for what people do but my guess is they like to showoff.

Last edited:
stress is an over rated and over used word her on this forum.

none of my Chameleons hates the camera, but I had a panther that hated water so much that he sometimes refused to even drink for days.
do you think that stoped me from misting? :p
am I a bad daddy? did I stress him to death by misting 3 to 5 times a day? :rolleyes:

Harry

edit: oh, and Kevin, seeing them multi colored water tubes without my first cup of coffee in the morning, clearly gave me some stress.

Back
Top Bottom