Why did you name your cham what you named him?

I named mine Ziggy, goes with my marley-themed animal names. I have a cat named bob, and a axolotl named marley. lol

Most of you have heard my names and why, but they are worth repeating!!
Krash
Krunch
Kruiser
One is on the way
I got them from Liddy @ Kammers and want to stay with "K" names to honor their breeder.
I have noticed several other members starting to do this as well so we have our own "subfamily" I can identify a Kammer or SonTiger baby!

I had an anole called Camel , a water dragon called alan, a female veiled called stuart, a chilean rose tarantula called steve and a monitor called weller (after paul). I only named them cos people expect animals to have names and I was just playing along. It might help to mention that my mum is a cat person, and my dad is a dog person - which is why my first cat was called 'Rover'.........
That's a way of explaining why the current gang are now called 'male veiled cham.' , 'female veiled cham.' and 'savannah monitor'

My chameleon's name is Zergling, for those of you who have heard of/played Starcraft, it's from there. =P Couldn't decide for the longest time what to call her, then one day was playing Starcraft II with the fiance and we were like, Zergling!

Our female ambilobe is Karma, because it is such an original name for a chameleon :D

We had a male ambilobe that we named (after not having a name for a very long time) Noyoki, which was a word in a made-up language in a book my wife read: it means "No Name" or "no one". Unfortunately he got bit by a spider and passed away.

Our male Nosy Be is named T-Bone. Long story on this one: friends of ours were expecting a baby. They told our group it was a boy and his name started with a "T". We all had fun guessing and someone came up with "T-Bone" as a joke (their last name is Sloan and we all liked the idea of "T-Bone Sloan"). As we were getting T-Bone from Kammer at a show, our friends were giving birth to their son. Since the boys name was not T-Bone, we decided to save the name and give it to our new Cham.

After several months, we still have not named our female Nosy Be, although my wife wants to name her Talula, but I am not real find of that name.

haha gotta love kids "George" pricless, when i was a kid i had multiple animals named Fred hahaha oh the good ole days
My Pfeffer's chameleon is named Pfred. Whenever my niece would ask what she should name a stuffed animal or something, my dad would say Fred because he knows she doesn't like that name :p, so when I got my Pfeffer's, I thought I'd name him Fred and just put a p in front of it to go with the pf in Pfeffer's. I ordered a pair of Pfeffer's that I haven't gotten yet that I'm naming Pfranz and Pfritzi to go with the same theme. I like to name my chams based on what kind of cham they are, so my quadricornis are Qadir, Cornelius, and Corinna, and my montium female if named Trixie after trioceros.

My chameleon's name is Zergling, for those of you who have heard of/played Starcraft, it's from there. =P Couldn't decide for the longest time what to call her, then one day was playing Starcraft II with the fiance and we were like, Zergling!

I play Starcraft a bit - I play as protoss though - Zergling is quite a good name - what species is she? How old? I might call one of mine Stalker! (I don't want to name them though)

We named our Jackson's pair after our favorite move "The Princess Bride". Wesley (Dread Pirate Roberts) and Buttercup. :)

We bought a pair so named them 'Ying' & 'Yang' but 'Yang' died so the one left has a new name.... Camo

Yio can all guess why he has that name lol

I Just ordered my chameleon and his name is gonna be lil rambo! because he's.a.fighte

Lil rambo baby veiled chameleon

I named my vieled chameleon José because whenever i see a vieled chameleon it reminds me of the one from dr. dolittle 2 and he talks with a spanish accent lol

Rodney Dangerfield

My girlfriend and I just got our first Chameleon, a veiled. He is great. We named him Rodney Dangerfield becuase of his eyes and his grin. :)

We have had him for two weeks now and he is doing good. Only stressed out a couple times when we tried to hold him. Trying to do that about every other day so he might actully like us in the future.

We love watching him hunt!

I play Starcraft a bit - I play as protoss though - Zergling is quite a good name - what species is she? How old? I might call one of mine Stalker! (I don't want to name them though)

She's a veiled, about four to five months I think. I've had her for three months now. She still hasn't gotten her speed upgrade though. ;D Stalker would be a great name for a cham! Haha

Back
Top Bottom