i have the 60 watt zoo med daylight bulb so get just a normal 60 watt incesendant ?feedback in bold
Your Chameleon - veiled cham, female, almost 6 months
dont just try to take her out. lure her out with her favorite snack so she associates you with food/good things.
- How long has it been in your care? 3 months
- Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon? i try to take her out for 5 minutes everyday but she hasn’t came out in a month
Get more of a variety. feed all at once, once in the morning so they have time to digest there food by basking throughout the day.
- Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? crickets and calci worms What amount? 5 crickets 2 calci wormsAm 5 crickets pm
This is incorrect. They need Calcium with and without D3 and a multivitiam. Calcium without D3 daily except one day a week give multivitiam/ Calcium with D3, alternate week to week.
- Supplements - nothing because i was told only calci worms and if she didn’t eat those to use the calci powder
- Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? ZooMed dropper How often and how long to you mist? 3x a day since my humidifier is iffy Do you see your chameleon drinking? yes
- Fecal Description - normal when compared to articles on how it should look
- . Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites? i don’t know probably not
- History - i took her out 5 minutes everyday since i got her the only time she hasn’t come out is when i moved her into her new cage after a few months of having her cus i heard the net cages are better
min should be 2x2x4
- Cage Type - screen i don’t know the dimensions off the top of my head
This is very important, you need a T5HO 5.0 UVB that goes from one end of the top of the cage to the other. Basking bulb should be fine with a 60 watt. No night bulb.
- Lighting - 2 morning bulbs idk the names of brands got them at petco and a night bulb
What is your basking temp?
- Temperature - i have a small temp thing with a microphone thing that sticks into the dirt reads from 70-75
You need a digital one. Make sure that when you’re missing it dries out between each one.
- Humidity - i was using the stick on ones that go in the tank but since i switched cages it doesn’t read accurately so i jus mist 3 times in the day
All plants should be real. This species likes to eat there plants and can become impacted if they eat the fake plants.
- Plants - no real plants, 5-6 fake vines and a stand up fake plant
- Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? i have a ceiling fan she’s a good 6ft from my bedroom door but my rooms small so that’s unavoidable At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor? idk enough for other animals not to reach