Wholesale chameleons VS retail Chameleons

Status
Not open for further replies.

alphakenc

Chameleon Enthusiast
So alphakenc I got alot of emails and ask me if I wana wholesale bunch of my chameleons???
Here is my opinions of the wholesale....
Why would the great breeders want to sell their precious chamies into a whole sale business??? First,I will never trust a wholesale buyer to resale my chamies just because they only wana sell them quick and once they go to another dealer's hand ,then they resale them to the general public,so when the regular consumer purchase their cham at last,these poor chamy have been shift around several place ,environment,enclosuress,temperature,feeders ....etc ,maybe thats why we get lots new members having trouble to feed them or sickness happen.
Plus Who will have the best information on these "wholesaler chams" ?the resaler ? The buyer? Or is the original breeders??
Maybe thats the reason u will never see the forum sponsors sell their chams to the "whole saler"...
Thats why their quality cham in their stock are cost much more,since when the customers buy the chams not knowing where they came from or how they been taking care of...
I am so glad I dont wholesale my cham cause each every single one are involved with my endless hours care n my years of the experience along with the knowledge I learned and share in this forum!!
Any thought,please feel free to express ur opinions :)

I agree 100%, and also think alot of the issues I have had with my little girl are from precisely this. Some of the wholesalers are sponsors though FYI :).

You better save me a Little boy too!. If you do wholesale or whatever.

However it did/does bother me with my little girl. I have no one to talk to. To say what did you feed? What did you have temps at? Ect ect.

My cham could have came from a great breeder and a great line. Or it could have came from a horrid one with 600 chams in a tub from Walmart at 100 degrees. I will never know, and that is not cool. the seller couldn't even tell me the age. The age i was given, (she will be over 2 months) I think that is false as well.

If the wholesalers can not even be bothered to ask the age. How are they selling these chams. What if it had diseases did they even check? What if it was already sick (pretty sure mine was) does that not matter? What if it was not raised properly again they dont care?

IMO those people are no better than Petco, if not worse as some people endorse them as better.

Never again for me, Never again.

Last edited:
I agree 100%, and also think alot of the issues I have had with my little girl are from precisely this. Some of the wholesalers are sponsors though FYI :).

However it did/does bother me with my little girl. I have no one to talk to. To say what did you feed? What did you have temps at? Ect ect.

My cham could have came from a great breeder and a great line. Or it could have came from a horrid one with 600 chams in a tub from walmart at 100 degrees. I will never know, and that is not cool.

I will never wholesale my love!!! Money has no effect on my chamies,its the customer that have effect on these chamies of mine.

You are so awesome.:cool:The common people just don't understand that these little creatures aren't just "Lizards"....they are family. You wouldn't sell your son or daughter knowing they will be sold to God only knows who. Our chameleons are our babies....that is why I am "Fiona' s Mom.":love:

I agree 100% I am considering getting into breeding, and if and when I do I am going to vet every person I sell to. If I dont know them, I want pics of the setup, layout of the care they will provide supplements diet ect. To make sure each and every one gets the best home possible.

Last edited:

My cham could have came from a great breeder and a great line. Or it could have came from a horrid one with 600 chams in a tub from Walmart at 100 degrees. I will never know, and that is not cool. the seller couldn't even tell me the age. The age i was given, (she will be over 2 months) I think that is false as well.

If the wholesalers can not even be bothered to ask the age. How are they selling these chams. What if it had diseases did they even check? What if it was already sick (pretty sure mine was) does that not matter? What if it was not raised properly again they dont care?

IMO those people are no better than Petco, if not worse as some people endorse them as better.

I know exactly how you feel...when I got my little girl all I was told was they weren't sure of her age but they had her a month. Thank heaven I found this forum. I knew quite a bit but I have learned something every day from this forum.

You are so awesome.:cool:The common people just don't understand that these little creatures aren't just "Lizards"....they are family. You wouldn't sell your son or daughter knowing they will be sold to God only knows who. Our chameleons are our babies....that is why I am "Fiona' s Mom.":love:
Any other daughters besides Fiona?single Mom?...jus :p

I know exactly how you feel...when I got my little girl all I was told was they weren't sure of her age but they had her a month. Thank heaven I found this forum. I knew quite a bit but I have learned something every day from this forum.
Dont let my joke to stop from express ur thoughts.....I dont bite ,Im just an Alphakenc.

Any other daughters besides Fiona?single Mom?...jus :p

I have One human Son, one human step-son, 5 human step-daughters, 14 grandkids, one great granddaughter, a 2 yr old Mini Dachshund (girl) a 6 month old male Shorkie, Fiona and Skipper my male Betta...oh yeah....and my husband (male). Hope to someday get a male chameleon but it's not in the cards right now. I also live in Florida so I have anoles everywhere.
So...can you top that?

Here is another thoughts,people wholesale veiled n pather ,but no one hasnt wholesale the Parson ....any thoughts on that???

I have One human Son, one human step-son, 5 human step-daughters, 14 grandkids, one great granddaughter, a 2 yr old Mini Dachshund (girl) a 6 month old male Shorkie, Fiona and Skipper my male Betta...oh yeah....and my husband (male). Hope to someday get a male chameleon but it's not in the cards right now. I also live in Florida so I have anoles everywhere.
So...can you top that?

I have heard that chams will eat Anoles, if you have a pest issue :p

Here is another thoughts,people wholesale veiled n pather ,but no one hasnt wholesale the Parson ....any thoughts on that???

Ya that is because the people that breed Parsons vet owners and they breed less often. Veileds Jacksons and Panthers. Are the Petco variety, so anyone can buy 2 chams that are sickly and ill taken care of from petco and breed them. Then when it gets time to sell the babies, experienced buyers want to see bloodlines and health of parents, grandparents, ect.

The people that breed them, had no clue what they were getting into and get overwhelmed by the lack of ability to sell and the mouths to feed that they didn't think about prior and so they wholesale them. They make a small profit from the babies they didn't raise right, they were likely in a big old Walmart tub with barely enough food barely enough water, no supplementation and no UVB (well maybe a coil bulb if they were lucky :p, for the whole clutch to share)

Then they get wholesaled off where the weak chams are sold. Some at discount prices for the nipped tails and feet as the breeder was too cheap to buy crickets and proper caging so feed mealworms in a Walmart bin.

Last edited:
I bet u took care of them better than all of human Son, one human step-son, 5 human step-daughters, 14 grandkids, one great granddaughter, a 2 yr old Mini Dachshund (girl) a 6 month old male Shorkie, Fiona and Skipper my male Betta...oh yeah....and my husband (male):rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom