Who says Veileds are bland chameleons?

i think its people see panther chameleons and there color spectrum is that of the rainbow etc. and veils are like yellow,blue,orange because from what i know people like color in reptiles so the more color the people want those type and favor the less colorful less. i think panther are awesome ,the breeder i got my veileds from had a pair of baby panthers for sale for a reasonable price since i was new to this i got the veileds.
i figure some people need to hate things as it makes life better for them maybe.

He's a looker, no doubt *wink*

face.jpg

Here's my old man a few years ago. You can see how the badly burned knee healed up - all scar tissue, in fact, and partially dislocated due to the severity of the burn.

A thing to note: he might be mad, but he is not fired up. These colorations are his normal colors, which he has been showing 24/7 for most of his adult life - except his sleep colors are less intense. The only time I could really get his fired up colors was in the presence of another male - and he turned nearly 50/50 black and bright orange - very cool colors. I was never able to get a pic of that!

Sure, many panthers show bright colors fired up, but the vast majority of them need to be fired up to show their best. For veileds, in happy conditions, you get the bright stuff all the time.

IMG_1810.JPG

oh, and, a panther would think twice before calling a veiled bland to his face. I wouldn't give any panther two seconds against my guy. Samba, Nosy be, whatever....bring it on. Not that i would really consider pinning two species against one another, but let's have some fun. Who do you believe would win, and why? This goes for any species, who is the king among chameleons? Have any breeders had incidents where two similarly sized species sqaured off? what resulted? I would be interested to know.
MICHAEL VICK! lol jk

Hands down, melleri. I believe they are currently undefeated vs. parsonii.

I think veileds would win vs. pardalis on account of their personality. Pardalis probably are stronger, inch for inch, but male veileds can be just so aggressive, so evil. Of course, one of those 26" monster veileds might be the nastiest of all tree lizards...

Many people do think veileds are dull, simply because of the conditions of the ones they've seen. t's sometimes hard ot get one to show nice colors in a cage. you need toput them in a huge cage up in the air to get them to stay "nice". other individuals are beautiful in a 38 gallon reptarium with poor lighting...

here's a pic of Kermit, not colored up yet all the way, as he is still young, but I really love his little chicken self ;)

Veileds Hands Down!!! I had a Veiled male who wasnt overly large cham but had an attitude that would rival a pissed off bull. I had to get him out for cage cleaning one day he freaked out and actually attacked me by jumping off my hand on to my shirt racing up my shirt to get to my face!!! I blocked my face with my hand and when he couldnt get to my face hes stragiht up bit me right on the chest. The bite was hard enough to leave a bruise for a few days!!!:eek: True Story!!! No Panther would stand a chance!!! He was just as agressive towards females and I ended up trading him to a friend. He was a good looking cham though!

Heres one of "Psycho"
cham1.jpg

And Oggie the newest male
Picture176.jpg

Last edited:
Here is Magnum! Not a good pic as I have a PS, but this picture does him no justice! But I guess its a good enought pic.

Last edited:
At the risk of creating an uproar, I have both panthers and veileds and prefer the veileds handsdown. I like panthers as well as almost all chameleons, but I just prefer the look of veileds. I like the shape of their heads, their coloring and markings and personality over the panthers. Sure, It would be nice if they weren't so pissy all the time, but that adds to their character. I'm sure if panthers laid 80 eggs and cost $60 and veileds were $300, people would consider the veiled superior. Just my two cents. David

Can someone locate the pic of Storm and post him? I could only find the headshot and thought there was a total body shot of him.

I have a 650 gram Parsonii that would eat most Veiled chameleons.
I have had many evil,beautiful veileds but they are the labradors of the chameleon world,meaning alot of people have them.

I have a 650 gram Parsonii that would eat most Veiled chameleons.
I have had many evil,beautiful veileds but they are the labradors of the chameleon world,meaning alot of people have them.
I'll pick the evil scrappy guy every time!:D

Back
Top Bottom