Who keeps snails?

There was a study on here somewhere of the gastric contents of invasive hawaiian Jackson's and it detailed the length of time it took them to digest the native snails.

Really? That's pretty cool. Does it fill up the cham pretty good? How long until you feed your cham another snail?
It seems to fill him up pretty well. I've offered him two several times before, but he only ate the two one time. One is usually enough.

I offer them about 3 times a week, as I prefer he eats crickets because they're the feeder I gutlaod with bug buffet, etc. Plus I don't want him to get bored by feeding them too often.

Depending on the angle he gets one in his mouth; sometimes there's a lot of 'crunching' involved, and other times I've seen him swallow them whole - to no ill affect.

@NickTide are the giant african snails available in the US? They look like big slimy rabbits lol. I'd guess most/all land snails are safe in the US. I'd have to look into it though. The main worry is lungworm. Which you can separate the eggs from the breeders and raise separately to prevent.
Not sure. Just thought they were cool.

Back
Top Bottom