Who is the most "northern" member?

Jimturner

Established Member
Hey! I wonder who is the furthest north member of the forums? Perhaps they could get a prize?!.... Maybe a space heater or an embroidered toque or somthing? Eh?!

haha thats a good idea... I'v had it with winter already. we are getting snow every other day. Great for my other hobby of snowboarding. Not so much for my chameleon hobby. I cant even imagine what you guys are going through in good old Canada.

Lol, I read more weather complaints on here from the texans yesterday than the canadians. I guess we're more used to it? Haha.
Besides, I don't think us Canucks are the most northern - I'm pretty sure I remember reading a post from a girl who had moved to Alaska and was having trouble adjusting her humidity issues.

How are we defining northern? So far all I see is North America, we have some members in Europe who are also "northern".

Lol, I read more weather complaints on here from the texans yesterday than the canadians. I guess we're more used to it? Haha.
Besides, I don't think us Canucks are the most northern - I'm pretty sure I remember reading a post from a girl who had moved to Alaska and was having trouble adjusting her humidity issues.

haha i agree we got almost 2ft of snow yesterday, was 30 below last week. but like you say we are used to it LoL.

haha i agree we got almost 2ft of snow yesterday, was 30 below last week. but like you say we are used to it LoL.

Easy for you to say! i got to 38 minus and that was without windchill. i am still getting used to living in the cold north and I just don't LIKE IT.:(

Lol, I read more weather complaints on here from the texans yesterday than the canadians.

Hey now, you are equipped for it! We don't even have anything in our city budget for snow or ice because we never see it. Freezing temperatures are rare so below freezing is practically unheard of. It hasn't gone over freezing during the day for the last two days in a row - I don't think that's ever happened here! This is literally the coldest I've ever seen this part of Texas in my whole life! It's a big deal for us when power goes out too because none of us have generators or anything (half of us don't even have decent winter coats). It's the same as when you Northerners complain about temps in the 80s or 90s (what we see in the 'spring') because you don't have air conditioners. We see temps over 100 regularly so it's no biggie for us. But we don't handle winters well...

Last edited:
In Texas 1" shuts down the state. In New England 1' doesn't shut anything down but really annoys us!!!

This is true, last year in a small town near me they shut down school based on the report of a inch or two of snow, it ended up being a light dusting that melted by noon.....
Tho if we had gotten 2" I think it would've been the most we've had since the 80s

yea..and thats in the gta..we consider ourselves lucky in ontario...imagine north bay..or worse thunder bay..and thats just ontario

I've actually got a buddy in my building who is from north bay and the crackhead goes outside in a t shirt when we go for Korean BBQ or anything. I shiver thinking of thier conditions.

Hey! I wonder who is the furthest north member of the forums? Perhaps they could get a prize?!.... Maybe a space heater or an embroidered toque or somthing? Eh?!

I guess we'd need the lat/long to find out (global great circles and all that). I'm in Alaska but don't know if I'm farther north than our CA members or not.

When all you folks down in the "south 48" get slammed it usually means we have hardly any winter...the storm track/jet stream has moved too far south. It has been boring, hardly any snow, dull temps just above freezing, just iced over roads and rain. Blah. Give me 2 feet of the white stuff any day!

Saskatchewan.... A little city called Regina (rhymes with fun)
Almost directly in the center of Canada...Not the furthest north, but, freakin cold here anyways!!

Saskatchewan.... A little city called Regina (rhymes with fun)
Almost directly in the center of Canada...Not the furthest north, but, freakin cold here anyways!!

Look just a bit south of you. I live in Havre, Montana. We are almost neighbors, about 100 miles apart. cold and windy as hell here!!!:(:(:(

Never realized Montana was that close! We could probably go stand on the top of a big building and wave at each other ! Lol
It's the prairies, I could watch my dog run away for three days!! The only good thing about winters up here- is going away to warm places in vacation!!! I just got back from Florida last week and I'm still wondering why I live up here... Why ANYONE lives up here...?!?

Back
Top Bottom