Who is in Sandy's path?

leet13

Looking at the interactive map on weather.com, its predicted to come right over me (I am in southern NJ). I know the power is going to go out and I worry about my cham. I have some thermacare packs ready for when I need to move him. He definitely will not be happy.

I am more worried for my pets than myself.

We are!
Im mainly concerned about the chammies getting cold, and the wet weather triggering an early hatch time for my veiled eggs!

Good luck to both of you, you (and your chams) will be in my thoughts. :)

I think I would be securing a generator right about now if I were you, and plan to camp in my cham room!

Power Outage

Good luck to you Chameleon owners north of me. It hasn't been too bad here in VA Beach, flooding and 50mph winds but power has stayed on. I've got an RV to go to if power goes out but Dragon and Panther room here at house has its own generator backup.

its supposed to hit Baltimore around 2 am tonight.. Im about 40 minutes north of that. so we are going to get it hard.

We are right in the path in Herehsy, PA. I'm not worried about heat, the chams will be ok. I am worried about my sump pump, which won't work without power. Our finished basement will be ruined :( There are ZERO generators and/or heaters available, and all stores and schools are closed until Wednesday.

sandypath.jpg
windy.gif
white-water-rafting.gif
rainy.gif

We are right in the path in Herehsy, PA. I'm not worried about heat, the chams will be ok. I am worried about my sump pump, which won't work without power. Our finished basement will be ruined :( There are ZERO generators and/or heaters available, and all stores and schools are closed until Wednesday.

Get a battery back up from Home Depot!!

Well, I watching the rain as I type through my window.
The wind hasnt started yet, and it's not raining very hard either.
Everything around here is closed, and I am just...waiting...

It hasnt started getting cold yet, house is about 75F inside, so not worried about that unless the power goes out tonight, and the temp drops way down.

unfortunatly, there wont be any sunshine until maybe, Thursday. So keeping chams warm in the window sun wont be an option.

The longest we have ever been w/o power here is 24 hours, and that was when there was 3 feet of snow on the ground! :eek:

I do have a few dozen heat packs for the chams if needed, and I really hope it wont :(

They say we here in the MD, VA and DC area are going to get clobbered :eek:

This sucks. I NEVER worry about ANYTHING (obviously, which is why I have no generator or battery back up for my sump pump), but I'm getting a little anxious right now. I only worry because insurance doesn't cover basement flooding from ground water. AND I happen to live in Palmyra, PA (right next to Herhshey), and our town is officially the Sinkhole Capital of America. But I DO have sinkhole insurance:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Another pic, can someone ger my mail?

Babylon-20121029-00085.jpg

That is some serious water & it hasn't even peaked yet.Good luck & be safe. I am about 30 miles east of you but 3 miles inland so I'm safe from the water but still going to have to deal with wind damage & power outages

Thanks Joe, I mail bail if tide goes down a little [if i can get out]. Its almost waist high in the street. May have to break out the kayack.

Everything was sold out when we went to the stores (cept for electric heaters). I still cannot get over the size of the storm!

I am in NJ a little south of where Philly is (about 20 mins from Philly)... I am pretty much RIGHT in the path.

Good news is I have a 1/4 acre pond which is super low. I expect it to come up after this storm. LOL

I hope I am not repeating myself... I am sorta posting the same stuff on different forums I am on.

Back
Top Bottom