Who here has Leopard Geckos!?

forgot one.

Attachments

• hybino copy.jpg
    hybino copy.jpg
    206.5 KB · Views: 148
I have a pair. Half brother and sister, have had them 2.5 years now.
I got her when she was a month and he when he was less then a week old.
He is a high yellow and she is a high yellow/spotted.

Howdy All,

I adopted 2 female Leopard Geckos, one in 2003 and another in 2004. They have been doing just fine (kept in separate enclosures) ever since. The first one had broken/healed legs (MBD) and the 2nd one was given to me because the previous keeper was pregnant and her doctor advised her against keeping potentially salmonella-filled reptiles. They're both good eaters and love Dubias. They also like an occasional silkworm or hornworm.

Leela, the one without MBD:
IMG_0978.jpg

IMG_0980.jpg

IMG_0985.jpg

IMG_0994.jpg

Howdy All,

I adopted 2 female Leopard Geckos, one in 2003 and another in 2004. They have been doing just fine (kept in separate enclosures) ever since. The first one had broken/healed legs (MBD) and the 2nd one was given to me because the previous keeper was pregnant and her doctor advised her against keeping potentially salmonella-filled reptiles. They're both good eaters and love Dubias. They also like an occasional silkworm or hornworm.

Leela, the one without MBD:
IMG_0978.jpg

IMG_0980.jpg

IMG_0985.jpg

IMG_0994.jpg

they look awesome! a lot like my female! :) shes just in a ten gallon tank so i want to get a new tank for my turtles so she can move into the 20 gallon. I actually have the same background as you in your setup ^_^ lol

@Dave Weldon, thanks for posting pix! Your moist chamber looks a much more sensible design than mine and I'm going to have to try one like yours. Beautiful shot of the gecko, too!

...Your moist chamber looks a much more sensible!
Howdy,

It was made from a two-piece plastic food container. I used something like a soldering iron to melt-out the hole on top. It makes a hole while leaving the edges smooth :eek:. I put a 1/2" of moist peat moss in the bottom. Amazingly, she found her way into it right away.

Alrighty, I wasn't wanting to use it because it had pretty big and sharp wood chips in it. That wouldn't be a problem would it? All in all she had a successful shed and didn't lose a toe. She is missing quite a few so I am pleased :)

Back
Top Bottom