Who has the answer to this behaviour?

dropanuke

Just asking due to not being sure but how comes my close and friendly adult female veiled Cham always wants to come out??? And as soon as I open her door she comes running to my hand???

My panther does the same. He doesn't mind being in his cage but if I come up to it he will run to the door and jumps right on my hand. He doesn't mind people and he's adventurous :)

Probably your chams have learned that Good Things happen when they come out - maybe special treats; you're probably warm to the touch and they can climb up high on you; they already know what's in the cage and there might be something more interesting outside...

show pics of the setup. it may be a stress related issue. if the cag is to small for the individual they often times want to come out to get away from their cubical.

I have had 3 chameleons and they have all been like that. The females often want to be out more when they are receptive. Amy can be a real pain trying to get out all the time when she gets like that! Yet the rest of the time she is quite happy just to sit and watch the world go by. Tommy also 'begs' me to let him out when he wants some attention. :D I feel priveleged to have had 3 wonderfully 'people friendly' chameleons.

i wasnt saying it was necessarily that. there are a few that are just wonderful. usually majorities of them are pains in the neck that find a great place in your heart :)

I have had 3 chameleons and they have all been like that. The females often want to be out more when they are receptive. Amy can be a real pain trying to get out all the time when she gets like that! Yet the rest of the time she is quite happy just to sit and watch the world go by. Tommy also 'begs' me to let him out when he wants some attention. :D I feel priveleged to have had 3 wonderfully 'people friendly' chameleons.

I agree with you in that my Laurie was such a pain when she was receptive, and even a bigger pain when she wanted to find a better place to lay her eggs then her huge flower pot that took up almost the whole with and length of the cage.

both Laurie and Splat were super people friendly even to strangers. my Quadzzila is the same. my Jane is only that way toward me. sadly both Garadean and Tarzan hates people including me. :eek:

4 out of 6 isn't bad I guess. :p

Harry

Back
Top Bottom