White stuff in his nose.

Yeah, that’s what I was talking about. But just one for coral. Like it like a hood with lights in it. But it’s for coral. Repitcon is coming up this weekend or something close, there’s one where I live, might go there to find one?

Do u think it could work tho. Like I have time and money, accept for school

Yeah, that’s what I was talking about. But just one for coral. Like it like a hood with lights in it. But it’s for coral. Repitcon is coming up this weekend or something close, there’s one where I live, might go there to find one?

Do u think it could work tho. Like I have time and money, accept for school

If the fixture is okay and is compatible with the lamps you need, then you just need to buy a new lamp. Don't use an old one. Go to the show and you'll find great products, feeders and other things. The one I went to was very good and the prices were great.

If the fixture is okay and is compatible with the lamps you need, then you just need to buy a new lamp. Don't use an old one. Go to the show and you'll find great products, feeders and other things. The one I went to was very good and the prices were great.
What state did u happened to be in, it is coming up in about a week, think the ch will be ok until then

Ok thanks. So what do I do if it just doesn’t eat
Probably would be a good idea to take him to the vet if he stops eating. Petco is notorious for parasites where I live anyway. My Veiled had them and was from petco. Didn’t really effect his appetite, however different critter different symptoms. fecal test are cheap and a week of meds isn’t too expensive either. I haven’t even finished the first cycle of meds and my guy is already looking better, eating even better and filling out.

FYI, my guy has a real small casque. I think it may have been stunted by the parasites. Or maybe just not great breeding. Probably both...LOL.

Good luck with the new hobby! Keep us posted on his progress and remember that no question is a stupid question when it comes to these critters. This forum is filled with some of the best keepers in the world! They post threads and answer questions constantly. I spend hours reading new and old posts every night educating myself. I highly recommend it.

Probably would be a good idea to take him to the vet if he stops eating. Petco is notorious for parasites where I live anyway. My Veiled had them and was from petco. Didn’t really effect his appetite, however different critter different symptoms. fecal test are cheap and a week of meds isn’t too expensive either. I haven’t even finished the first cycle of meds and my guy is already looking better, eating even better and filling out.

FYI, my guy has a real small casque. I think it may have been stunted by the parasites. Or maybe just not great breeding. Probably both...LOL.

Good luck with the new hobby! Keep us posted on his progress and remember that no question is a stupid question when it comes to these critters. This forum is filled with some of the best keepers in the world! They post threads and answer questions constantly. I spend hours reading new and old posts every night educating myself. I highly recommend it.
Thanks. But what if it just only wants to eat 3-4

Thanks. But what if it just only wants to eat 3-4
I have read that shedding sometimes causes a lack of appetite (my guy never had this problem). But I would say 3-4 is not enough. He will starve or develop something bad. Like Beman said, he should be up near 15 daily at his age. I would give him a couple days with 15 crickets in his cage in the morning, and leave him in peace for most of the day. He may just be a little nervous if you are constantly watching him? If you don’t see improvement, take him to a vet and get a fecal done.

Also, make sure you don’t leave crickets in the enclosure over night. They can bite on him while he is sleeping.

Hornworms may be a good idea to strategically place on his favorite areas as they are slow and easy prey. Just make sure they are the smaller size. Like an inch long or so.

Reactions: iMi
I agree. A vailed at that age has a ferocious appetite. He should be eating as much as he'll eat, honestly. @GeoCham made a few really good points. I also love feeding mine hornworms and feed more than recommended here. Just watch out for watery stools. Hornworms are a great way to improve hydration and prevent impaction. One of my favorite feeders, although not as nutritious or balanced as a silkworm.

They definitely slow down a little when shedding. I think they are just uncomfortable and cranky. It's funny to watch them scratch their head. Weird and adorable little creatures, but they still hunt and eat. Just not as much.

Back
Top Bottom