White stuff in his nose.

Well I’m 100% sure it’s a male. I’ve seen the spurs on the back of its feet. I am guy loading the crickets with a fluckers orange cubes. 12-10 is a lot?

Well I’m 100% sure it’s a male. I’ve seen the spurs on the back of its feet. I am guy loading the crickets with a fluckers orange cubes. 12-10 is a lot?
Ok so that is good you have a boy. Need to get rid of that gut load. It actually only gives them water. You need to get the other commercial one or do a mixture of the fresh veg and fruit mixing it up each week and cleaning it every day.
10-12 crickets is not a lot. My guy was eating 15-20 feeders until he was 5 months old. Feeding only a few feeders will starve him.

What about the lighting your using? This is important if you are using the screw in bulb it is no good.

you will also want to add in calcium with D3 2 times per month every other week and a multivitamin 2 times per month on the opposite weeks. With the calcium without D3 at every feeding except when you supplement with either of the other two.

Ok so that is good you have a boy. Need to get rid of that gut load. It actually only gives them water. You need to get the other commercial one or do a mixture of the fresh veg and fruit mixing it up each week and cleaning it every day.
10-12 crickets is not a lot. My guy was eating 15-20 feeders until he was 5 months old. Feeding only a few feeders will starve him.

What about the lighting your using? This is important if you are using the screw in bulb it is no good.

you will also want to add in calcium with D3 2 times per month every other week and a multivitamin 2 times per month on the opposite weeks. With the calcium without D3 at every feeding except when you supplement with either of the other two.
Ok, Ik I have the coiled uvb. My dad won’t let me get the reptisun 5.0 higher output one. He says it’s to expensive. My feeders died today. I still have about 20 left tho. I am trying my best to keep it alive and stuff. My fam ain’t very supportive but idk. Who rly cares. Where should I get all of the feeders from. Pets mart is expensive. 15 cents per one cricket

I hate to say it, but this is not an inexpensive hobby. If you are not able to purchase the right equipment, you will struggle to keep this animal healthy. I would also take another look at those rear legs. I second @Beman -- he looks like a she.

I hate to say it, but this is not an inexpensive hobby. If you are not able to purchase the right equipment, you will struggle to keep this animal healthy. I would also take another look at those rear legs. I second @Beman -- he looks like a she.
R the legs healthy, MBD? also, I’m positive it’s a he. I can send u a pic of the back legs if I can find it

See the spur? E45A5DA9-885F-4EA4-A0E8-626D129C13F8.png

Reactions: iMi
Ok, Ik I have the coiled uvb. My dad won’t let me get the reptisun 5.0 higher output one. He says it’s to expensive. My feeders died today. I still have about 20 left tho. I am trying my best to keep it alive and stuff. My fam ain’t very supportive but idk. Who rly cares. Where should I get all of the feeders from. Pets mart is expensive. 15 cents per one cricket
Ok you are not going to like what I am about to say. But I say it with the hopes of saving you heartache. These are expensive animals to keep. I have spent over $2,000 so far. You have to get the lighting, you have to get him food, he has to have the correct supplements, he will need a 2x2x4 cage. It will get sick and eventually die if it is not provided what it needs.

If your parents are not supportive of this and you are not old enough to have the money to get him what he needs then I am going to suggest you take him back to the store.

Yes, definitely a male. Looks different from the initial pics.

I don't see any signs of MBD but... and this is important, MBD develops over time. You are supplementing which will can also slow down the development of the disease. The only way to prevent it is to provide proper diet, supplement for good measure, and make sure you have sufficient UVB output to allow for Vitamin B photosynthesis. The lighting you have now will likely lead to problems down the road, in my opinion.

Edit to add that his coloration is off and his casque seems relatively small. Could be the picture quality. Not sure.

Ok you are not going to like what I am about to say. But I say it with the hopes of saving you heartache. These are expensive animals to keep. I have spent over $2,000 so far. You have to get the lighting, you have to get him food, he has to have the correct supplements, he will need a 2x2x4 cage. It will get sick and eventually die if it is not provided what it needs.

If your parents are not supportive of this and you are not old enough to have the money to get him what he needs then I am going to suggest you take him back to the store.
Well... my dad said he would give me a grand to start me off... I’ve been saving 500$ too.

Well... my dad said he would give me a grand to start me off... I’ve been saving 500$ too.
My dad also have a spare coral uvb light, u can hook it to the computer, change what output percent so like 5 or 10 and then make it go higher as the day progresses to mimic the sun. 24 inch btw

My dad also have a spare coral uvb light, u can hook it to the computer, change what output percent so like 5 or 10 and then make it go higher as the day progresses to mimic the sun. 24 inch btw

This could work... but you will not like the next part. By using unknown to us light with a lamp of unknown output or remaining useful life you get, as you can guess, unknown outcomes. If you have a UVB or UV index meter you can measure the output to make sure it meets the minimum required, which is Zone 3 or at the minimum 30-60 uW/cm2.

Or... you need to buy a standard fixture as mentioned before and replace the lamp on a regular schedule.

There are no shortcuts here, my friend.

This could work... but you will not like the next part. By using unknown to us light what a bulk of unknown output or useful life you get, as you can guess, unknown outcomes. If you have a UVB or UV index meter you can measure the output to make sure it meets the minimum required, which is Zone 3 or at the minimum 30-60 uW/cm2.

Or... you need to buy a standard fixture as mentioned before and replace the lamp on a regular schedule.

There are no shortcuts here, my friend.
Yeah, ik. It’s conaidered ig off brand. But it’s a uvb u can adjust and put on timers and stuff, my dad said it’s worth like 600 dollars. But idk I think it can work.

Yeah, ik. It’s conaidered ig off brand. But it’s a uvb u can adjust and put on timers and stuff, my dad said it’s worth like 600 dollars. But idk I think it can work.
Yeah. So I think that I can take care of it, just by feeding it more, right bulbs and uvb, and making sure I get the feeders guy loaded with fruits and vegs

Key word in your response is --- I don't know. You can go with "I think" it will work or you can make sure it works. I am not trying to be tough or mean. I am simply sharing what I know to help you avoid unpleasant outcomes. You cannot guess and hope for the best.

Key word in your response is --- I don't know. You can go with "I think" it will work or you can make sure it works. I am not trying to be tough or mean. I am simply sharing what I know to help you avoid unpleasant outcomes. You cannot guess and hope for the best.
Yeah. I’ll send a pic of what it looks like. Tommorow when I get it all set up. But I can take care of it. Like i guess my parents are supportive, but they just think it’s to much money... I warned them in all but they just didn’t get it ig. But working hard at it is what I strive for. Glad there is no MBD. I mean it eats like 3-4 and then sees them and doesn’t even eat it. That’s why I haven’t fed it more

Back
Top Bottom