White spots

So she is having this really weird shed, could this be why she is not eating? could she not be pregnant at all, and not eating or acting strange from this shed Has anyone else noticed if females been known to shed before a lay in chameleon spps? Here are some more (poor quality) photos.

Good news, those white spots were probably just pre-shed.

I am no expert on female panthers, but I think she is pregnant. She is chubby and she appears to be showing gravid colors. Get that laying bin ready!:D

:
hi how do i give a chameleon a shower

Put a short plant in the shower. Direct your showerhead toward a wall so the splashback falls on the plant. You do not want the water to directly hit your cham as it is too high pressure and probably too warm. Having it hit the wall first provides small gentle drops of water. It also cools the water that falls on the cham, but still produces a good amount of warm steam as it hits the wall, which is beneficial for hydration. Supervise your chameleon closely.

Good luck!:D

Yea I'm glad about the spots, and I have a trashcan ready to go:) I am just a worried parent and hope she doesn't/has not become egg bound, I might just be freaking out. But as I mentioned before I have a large flower pot in her enclosure, but also have a trashcan filled with sand, when do you think would be a good time to put her in the can?

Back
Top Bottom