White Spots On Casque

Metal725

Chameleon Info:
Your Chameleon - Male, Veiled Chameleon. 3 Months Old.
Handling - Usually climbs out when the cage is open while im feeding or cleaning.
Feeding - Small Crickets. 10-15 a day
Supplements - Repashy Calcium Plus
Watering - Misting 3 times a day
Fecal Description - Brown poop with white urate

Cage Info:
Cage Type - 18x12x24 screen cage.
Lighting - 5.0 reptisun bulb with 50w basking light. 12 hours on 12 hours off
Temperature - 80-85 in basking spot and drops to 70 at night.
Humidity - 40-60%
Plants - Fake
Placement - About 3 feet off the floor in our spare bedroom
Location - SF Bay Area

I noticed 2 white spots on each side of Waldo's casque today and wanted to make sure everything looks ok. He shed about 3 weeks ago so could he be shedding again? i just thought it was strange that its on both sides and nowhere else on his body. Thanks for any help.

This might help...

Not sure why the pictures rotated but you can still see the spots in question.

Attachments

• 20131030_124204.jpg
    20131030_124204.jpg
    214.1 KB · Views: 237
  • 20131030_123803.jpg
    20131030_123803.jpg
    218 KB · Views: 199
Even though he shed earlier this month? It also has a "shine" around it. Im learning that you need to have a lot of patience with these little guys. I worry too much :)

contrary to mythical belief, they shed more than once, and often as babies, shed every few weeks when growing.

:D

contrary to mythical belief, they shed more than once, and often as babies, shed every few weeks when growing.

:D

Since i have a veteran's attention, I posted a thread about an egg i have that is currently hatching. Its been 2 full days and all i can see coming from the egg is the tip of the babies face. Is there anything i should do if its not out within the next day or 2?

Since i have a veteran's attention, I posted a thread about an egg i have that is currently hatching. Its been 2 full days and all i can see coming from the egg is the tip of the babies face. Is there anything i should do if its not out within the next day or 2?

Just leave it be. some of my babies came out within hours of piping, others took longer, 3 days for one.

just keep an eye on it.

if it does not seem to progress at all, gently poke the other unpipped end of the egg, and see if that gets the baby going.

It takes skill, so be careful.

I had to remove ababy from an egg that I deemed was taking to long, it had pipped, but wouldn't come out, so I gently squished him out, he laid there for another day before he finally got up and walking.

Again with that patience thing :). Its a Panther egg I got from a forum member. I can see the baby and its SLOWLY come out a little more since yesterday.

Attachments

• 20131029_203801.jpg
    20131029_203801.jpg
    211.5 KB · Views: 82
Let it be overnight, see how it does. I found most of my babies came out at night.

if hes still not out towards the end of the third day, you can try squishing gently, or perhaps misting the egg, as it could be too dry for it to break out.

seeco has a blog on cutting babies out of eggs if needed.

Back
Top Bottom