White spot on chams spine?

BB3F1217-0DF9-4119-8AE4-E8595E85039F.jpeg
I noticed this white spot on my chams spine, its the only part of his body that stays lighter when he changes color. I thought it was stuck shed, but ive been giving him longer mistings so most of the stuck shed cleared up and im worried its a burn from his heat lamp.

It looks like a tiny bit of retained shed. If it is still there in a couple of weeks you could gently tease it off with a cotton tipped applicator.
A burn is a possibility but they tend to be black. It might be black under the shed. If so you need to move your heat lamp up.

It looks like a tiny bit of retained shed. If it is still there in a couple of weeks you could gently tease it off with a cotton tipped applicator.
A burn is a possibility but they tend to be black. It might be black under the shed. If so you need to move your heat lamp
I ordered a lamp stand i can clip on the side of his enclosure but for now i propped it up with two rocks so it isnt touching the top of the mesh. Thank you, ill keep an eye on the retained shed.

Attachments

• C89547C2-C7F8-4C0B-B08C-D9C41ABAA374.jpeg
    C89547C2-C7F8-4C0B-B08C-D9C41ABAA374.jpeg
    947.8 KB · Views: 53
I ordered a lamp stand i can clip on the side of his enclosure but for now i propped it up with two rocks so it isnt touching the top of the mesh.

Good plan. I do something similar with wire hangers
I support all my lights on wooden slats (usually 1 x 2s) that transfer the weight to the frame so the screen doesn't get deformed/stretched out.

https://www.chameleonforums.com/threads/simple-uvb-fixture-supports.177896/#post-1692470

Back
Top Bottom