White dots on panther chameleon

I doubt that the white spots are calcium delpsits. Calcium deposits from calcium imbalance are usually seen on the ribs and are under the skin.

It might be that they are the beginning of papilloma virus...but you need a vet to confirm it at this point...they're to small for me to tell.

As for supplements, it's recommended that you dust lightly at all feedings but one a week with a phos free calcium powder and on that one day alternate between a phos free calcium/D3 powder and a vitamin powder with a prEformed source of vitamin A.

To provide UVB, it's recommended that you use a Reptisun 5.0 long linear tube light or an Arcadia long tube uv light.

I doubt that the white spots are calcium delpsits. Calcium deposits from calcium imbalance are usually seen on the ribs and are under the skin.

It might be that they are the beginning of papilloma virus...but you need a vet to confirm it at this point...they're to small for me to tell.

As for supplements, it's recommended that you dust lightly at all feedings but one a week with a phos free calcium powder and on that one day alternate between a phos free calcium/D3 powder and a vitamin powder with a prEformed source of vitamin A.

To provide UVB, it's recommended that you use a Reptisun 5.0 long linear tube light or an Arcadia long tube uv light.
Thank you for your feedback, I appreciate the time. I also use the reptisun 5.0 long linear tube for uvb lighting. If it is papilloma virus, do you know happen to know possible causes?

Could possibly be papilloma virus. The vet will be able to take a sample and culture it to tell you if they feel it necessary.
Yep and this was why I wanted better pics... I agree with Lennoncham. You need to take him to a real reptile vet to get him tested... If you have any other chams this is a contagious virus for them so do not cross contaminate anything.

Here is a thread with a bit of info about it. https://www.chameleonforums.com/threads/scabs-after-sheds.168994/

My panther chameleon has several white dots all over his body. He is misted a minimum of twice daily, is well fed (crickets, super worms), crawls, has correct lighting, sufficient space. He seems healthy, except for those white dots which appeared about two months ago. He is approximately 3 years. Does someone have an idea as to what this is? Thanks!!!
View attachment 292583View attachment 292583
Update: I took him to the vet and he had blood work done so far: his white blood cell is a bit higher than it should. Kidney, liver are fine. Vet said she doesn’t want to give antibiotics until a biopsy is performed to see if it’s an infection, virus, or because of old age. Will keep you updated..

Back
Top Bottom