White Bump On Panther Chameleon

jennarae

207EE364-2D9E-4874-B73A-F0566021FED7.jpeg
C2705487-0C38-4657-B9C1-14CB5723E3B0.jpeg
Hello, I was hoping someone could tell me what this white bump on my 9 month old male panther chameleon is. The bump is hard and not “fuzzy” like i’ve heard fungal infections are, so i’m not sure what it could be.

I went on vacation for 2 days and have automatic UV and heat lights that run for 12hrs a day. I left my mister on the whole 2 days of vacation programmed to mist for 15seconds once an hour. I’m not sure if this is what caused it because that is the only thing in his everyday life that has changed

He is eating good and is super active. It doesn’t hurt him when I touch the bump. Any ideas? Thank you!

While I’m not a vet nor expert, that looks like it could be a papilloma. Only a vet doing a biopsy can really determine what it is and how to treat.
If it is a papilloma, it is basically just a wart and won’t effect the life of your chameleon at all. It just Mars their beauty. Going to a good vet is the best advice I can give.

While I’m not a vet nor expert, that looks like it could be a papilloma. Only a vet doing a biopsy can really determine what it is and how to treat.
If it is a papilloma, it is basically just a wart and won’t effect the life of your chameleon at all. It just Mars their beauty. Going to a good vet is the best advice I can give.
I already have a vet appointment for early March. Do you think I should try to get him in sooner? Or just wait it out since he’s acting normal? Im trying to find a good vet that I trust, and luckily I live in an area with lots of reptile vets.

Keep the March appointment and just closely monitor your guy for any changes, including that spot. If it seems to be spreading, oozing or open or bothering him definitely try to get him seen ASAP. You could ask the vet to be put on the cancellation list to get in sooner.

Keep the March appointment and just closely monitor your guy for any changes, including that spot. If it seems to be spreading, oozing or open or bothering him definitely try to get him seen ASAP. You could ask the vet to be put on the cancellation list to get in sooner.
Ok I will do that. Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom