White Bleeding Heart (clerodendrum thomsoniae) safe for panther chameleon?

sanitysake

Hello, I'm wondering if anyone knows if the White Bleeding Heart (clerodendrum thomsoniae) is safe to put in with my chameleon? I looked its toxicity up online and some results suggest that it may be harmful/irritant to humans and pets, but I am not entirely sure if it applies to chameleons. Feedback? Thank you.

I don't think panther chameleons will chew on the leaves like veileds do...? My main concern is that my chameleon will be licking dew off the leaves.

my panther chews on my wandering jew plant daily. theres plent of safe plant lists if its not on there i wouldnt use it, and just from your posting suggesting may be harmless puts up a flag not to use it

reptiles have their own plant lists there can be variable differences between mammal and reptile lists. flchams has a safe list which i did not see that plant on. id do a search for something like that. panthers dont typically eat lants they may i know mine does so you could risk it. i wouldnt without absolute confirmation

Thanks, yeah, I looked at them and the plant is not on the list. I wrote an E-mail to flchams to see what they thought. I will post again letting you know what they say if they reply....

Back
Top Bottom