Which species of isopod should I get & What Chameleon friendly plant drinks the most water & thrives in continuous moist wet soil?

Hello, love this website! I enjoy learning everything I can for my 5 month old Nosy Faly named Kahuna! I built his enclosure completely by myself & hopefully he is enjoying his home to the fullest! It is mostly bio-active with springtails but I wanted to add isopods but wanted to know what variety everyone recommends? I read the powder blue are best...is that true? And what other varieties work for a chameleon enclosure. I also have a ton of live plants! All up & down the sides of the enclosure from planters I made with right stuff. But I wanted to actually plant one in the substrate to drink up some of the excess water, does anyone know the best chameleon friendly plant that drinks the most water & is happy in a continuous moist setting? Thanks so much!

So I used this website for a great list of plants. Most are available at home depot for like $4. The best plant for the soil would be a pathos. They grow like weeds and take in a lot of water, which is great for chameleon hydration. As for as isopods go any will really do. Powder blue is a great option.

I use giant canyon for my cham enclosures and dwarf white for my roach bins. I have powder orange & giant canyons in one of my leopard gecko’s tanks. I had put some zebras in there too, but they couldn’t compete with the others I guess.

In my bioactive experience, I'm partial to giant canyons. Most versatile and best with larger poop. The powdery I have heard great things about and have them myself, but the canyons seemed to outcompete them for me. To give you an idea, springtails and canyon isopods in an establish enclosure will clean up chameleon poop within hours.

Back
Top Bottom