which one?

hey guys,i'm working on a new enclosure for a future cham, it's a 24x24x48 enclosure, and i was wondering what plant would be the easiest to keep alive & take up some space? we have tried a hibiscus but it died within a matter of days (didn't have a plant bulb at the time) and would a plant bulb be a necessity or could we get away without one? thanks in advance

Pothos has always been the easiest to keep alive in my experience. I replaced one in my enclosure months ago and just stuck it out on my balcony. No water or direct sunlight, and the thing survived till a few weeks ago! Basically you have to try to kill one. Hibiscus has pretty high light demands so that is probably why yours didn't work out. Also schefflera is a popular choice, but it has a higher light need than the pothos and you may need a plant bulb if its in the enclosure all the time.

I have 3 lipstick plants in my enclosure and they all are thriving and grow fairly quick. I have one on the bottom of my enclosure that doesn't see a lot of light but it still grows like crazy.

Pothos has always been the easiest to keep alive in my experience. I replaced one in my enclosure months ago and just stuck it out on my balcony. No water or direct sunlight, and the thing survived till a few weeks ago! Basically you have to try to kill one. Hibiscus has pretty high light demands so that is probably why yours didn't work out. Also schefflera is a popular choice, but it has a higher light need than the pothos and you may need a plant bulb if its in the enclosure all the time.
I have 3 lipstick plants in my enclosure and they all are thriving and grow fairly quick. I have one on the bottom of my enclosure that doesn't see a lot of light but it still grows like crazy.
awesome thanks!

I'm team pothos. I do have a mandevilla too, however, it is toxic so it is in with my panther. It grows fast and has beautiful flowers but needs lots of light. I really recommend the jungle dawn led bulbs along with a plant pro bulb.

Back
Top Bottom