Which Mist King?

Hello, I am having some trouble keeping humidity up at night and want more flexibility in the timing of certain spray sessions, as well as larger storage for the water. I currently have a ReptiRain and am looking at the mist kings.

My chameleon is only a few months old now, in cage smaller than 2x2x4, but in the next couple months I plan to upgrade to a 2x2x4 or probably even bigger for my one male veiled chameleon.

Can someone talk me through the differences between the mist king systems? Will the basic/starter kit work well enough?

Thanks!

Hello, I am having some trouble keeping humidity up at night and want more flexibility in the timing of certain spray sessions, as well as larger storage for the water. I currently have a ReptiRain and am looking at the mist kings.

My chameleon is only a few months old now, in cage smaller than 2x2x4, but in the next couple months I plan to upgrade to a 2x2x4 or probably even bigger for my one male veiled chameleon.

Can someone talk me through the differences between the mist king systems? Will the basic/starter kit work well enough?

Thanks!

The starter will work just fine. It's pretty damn powerful. Some folks have multiple enclosures on one starter system. My only advise would be to get a dual-head nozzle. Some keepers here might say that's overkill but I want the mister to water all the plants in the enclosure and the single nozzle doesn't really get it.

Starter will be fine. Here are some pics of my set up. :) Depending on your cage you may want additional nozzles. You want to get a drill bit like in the image so it is the exact size for the reservoir hole.

IMG_2586.jpg IMG_2587.jpg IMG_2588.jpg

I use the starter mist king set for 3 enclosures now. The only difference is what accessories come in each kit. Starter comes with one nozzle so you may want an extra one to get the mist coverage through the larger cage.

I think the most expensive kit has a bigger, more powerful pump and a ton of extra fittings, nozzles and hose. That kit would be geared toward 5 or more large, multi-nozzle enclosures

Yup. Beman has a great pic for reference. I thought I fucked it up bad when I was putting mine together but it's actually pretty easy. Little advice, you are going to want to secure the pump to a wall or something else because it will shake when it pumps -- the first time it ran it shook the whole shelving unit the enclosure was on and scared me and Mona half to death.

Back
Top Bottom