Which enclosure is better?

haydenm14

Hey everyone. So I found this amazing gun cabinet and i may get it and modify it. But then again I do like my enclosure I have now. I don’t have the cham yet but I’m close to buying it. Need some serious thoughts on this and don’t go easy on me. Which one is better? The glass one is the one I have now and the wood is the one I may get. Dimensions of the glass one are 36 wide,14 deep, 29 tall(inches). The wood one has inside dimensions of 22 wide, 10.25 deep, and 53.25 tall(inches).

Thanks,
Hayden McLellan :)

Attachments

• B3B2EE1B-4BD0-4BCC-9658-D6DB15AA432C.jpeg
    B3B2EE1B-4BD0-4BCC-9658-D6DB15AA432C.jpeg
    212 KB · Views: 110
  • 91CF75B3-1693-4EAF-9C61-6A24ED6A3BC7.png
    91CF75B3-1693-4EAF-9C61-6A24ED6A3BC7.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 141
You can probably check those bargain sites with used furniture, or you could look at yard sales/estate sales in your area because they are always selling real cheap stuff just like that. You can also check second-hand stores, just a thought. Hope some of that information gave you ideas :)

Just as well. The 10 inch depth of that cabinet wouldn't permit bushy plants of any size. Ten inches is very shallow.
but I could’ve easily taken the door off and extend depth out and make a whole new door. Like make a window frame basically and put a door of my own on it then attach to the cabinet. Sadly though, that isn’t an option anymore :(

I think screen cages will work best as chameleons do well in enclosures with good airflow. Also as chameleons like humidity it can cause problems in a glass enclosure because your animal will constantly breathe in air with water particles in it this can cause a nasty respiratory infection. I am a beginner to chameleons though so do look out for other advice.

Yes I know screen ones work the best but the one I built is unstable so I got the glass one. It has air flow on the sides and top. I’ve been told by a few people that it is fine. I plan on getting a female so it is adequate. In the future I’ll try out using a screen enclosure but for now I will use the glass one.

I think screen cages will work best as chameleons do well in enclosures with good airflow. Also as chameleons like humidity it can cause problems in a glass enclosure because your animal will constantly breathe in air with water particles in it this can cause a nasty respiratory infection. I am a beginner to chameleons though so do look out for other advice.
That depends on the environmental and living conditions.

That depends on the environmental and living conditions.
that is very much true. I live near Cincinnati, Ohio. My house is usually like 69 degrees so getting heat up is a job kinda. But I have everything figured out now except for cleaning. Cleaning the glass enclosure will be a job because it doesn’t have the best access as seen.

that is very much true. I live near Cincinnati, Ohio. My house is usually like 69 degrees so getting heat up is a job kinda. But I have everything figured out now except for cleaning. Cleaning the glass enclosure will be a job because it doesn’t have the best access as seen.
That is the beauty of exo terras!

Back
Top Bottom