which dripper do you have?

I have a little dripper and a homemade one. They both work the same actually.

Making your own is probably cheaper (buy some PVC joints & pipe, a litre of soda, and a little valve) but buying a big/little dripper from a pet store is just as good.

Review of little dripper/big dripper; Has a handle so you can hang it off basically anything with a hook, or just set it on top. Holds quite a bit of water. You can control the drip speed with the plastic valve, and if you want a more specific drip you can also shove the plastic tube that comes with it into it, and put it through the top of the cage (allowing your cham to have a little tube to drink out of). Really convenient.

I use the ZooMed Big Dripper. Only reason I got a big one instead of little was because they were the same price during an online sale! I had a little trouble with getting it to drip at the right consistency, it'd either stop, or pour out! But I put a bobby pin on the hose and now it drips perfectly!

I have a little dripper... But the control valve is made cheap and I couldn't get the right drip rate I wanted. I went to the aquarium aisle and bought a nicer metal valve thingy (I'd have to take a picture of it cause I don't know the proper name for it) where I basically leave the little drippers valve wide open, but control it, turn it on/off with the metal valve.

I use the little dripper. It doesn't weight too much when its full and it can just sit on top of my screen cage. My cage is 18x18x36

I use a home made. 1 gallon orange juice container. A length of air line for a fish tank and a air valve
Drill a hole near the bottom of the container. Hot glue the valve in place. Attach the air line
If you use the lid to the container drill a hole in it.
Works as good as the store bought and holds more water.

Back
Top Bottom