Which design do you guys like better?

SaintJimmy

Avid Member
Mo keeps trying to find a way out of his cage (and also his cage is too small for him.. way too small..) so we are designing a new one, as my dad insists. I want to just build it already but he says we can't.

Here are the designs I've come up with in google sketchup 7.

Which do you think is better? Both are to real life scale.

first is based off of a really cool cage some dude was selling on here, the second one is just kind of half-arsed design I did to show how the drains will work. They'll both have the box at the top and the drainage though. I was just wondering which one is better looking, black one or the plain old coated wood? and should I hang the plants or put an umbrella plant in the center?

cage measurements:
2'x2'x4'
each wooden piece is 1 inch thick both ways, maybe we'll do 1.5 inches.

the light will have to be less than 2 ft due to the box at the top keeping it hidden
mister/dripper will be in the box

Attachments

• chameleoncage.jpg
    chameleoncage.jpg
    8.7 KB · Views: 160
  • chameleoncage2.jpg
    chameleoncage2.jpg
    11.7 KB · Views: 156
Thanks for the opinions guys!

By the way the rock wall will be the same in either one. It will be cool, I promise.

I made a new design... here it is. This is what it would be like if it were built to scale with all my ideas. (Again, ideas derived from custom cages I've seen on here)

Attachments

• bestcageviewall.jpg
    bestcageviewall.jpg
    7.7 KB · Views: 126
  • bestcageviewcabinet.jpg
    bestcageviewcabinet.jpg
    9.5 KB · Views: 90
  • bestcageviewfloor.jpg
    bestcageviewfloor.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 129
  • bestcageviewfront.jpg
    bestcageviewfront.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 73
  • bestcageviewtop.jpg
    bestcageviewtop.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 125
Last edited:
I forgot something..

If anyone wants the sketchup file, just message me.

I forgot that the drain can't drip if there's wood under it! Fixed.

Attachments

• bestcage1.jpg
    bestcage1.jpg
    7.9 KB · Views: 106
Thanks for the opinions guys!

By the way the rock wall will be the same in either one. It will be cool, I promise.

I made a new design... here it is. This is what it would be like if it were built to scale with all my ideas. (Again, ideas derived from custom cages I've seen on here)

I like your design a lot and can't wait to see how it turns out when you're done. Only thing I might add is why not make it a little wider? Assuming you have the space for it of course, adding an extra foot to the width will give your guy or girl a lot more room to explore as well as give you some more room for adding a variety of plants. Just a thought though, it looks great as is.

I think it looks really good, the colour just depends on what you like best, and the planting can be rearranged depending on the exact sizes of the plants you get. I also think that if you are going to go to the trouble of making the whole ting you might as well make it wider.
Tall is good, but he will mostly stay near the top so extra walking room from one side to the other will help to keep him entertained :)

I like your design a lot and can't wait to see how it turns out when you're done. Only thing I might add is why not make it a little wider? Assuming you have the space for it of course, adding an extra foot to the width will give your guy or girl a lot more room to explore as well as give you some more room for adding a variety of plants. Just a thought though, it looks great as is.

I think it looks really good, the colour just depends on what you like best, and the planting can be rearranged depending on the exact sizes of the plants you get. I also think that if you are going to go to the trouble of making the whole ting you might as well make it wider.
Tall is good, but he will mostly stay near the top so extra walking room from one side to the other will help to keep him entertained :)

I was thinking maybe making it 3x2x4 but my room is in no way big enough to have that huge cage.

I may or may not be building it, honestly.

I think I'm just buying one plus a mistking used from some guy in my town.

Back
Top Bottom