Which calcium powder is best?

Shaunny

I can't really find anything on here about it so ill ask!

The calcium powder that I'm using seems to be difficult to dust with! I put the food in a tub and shake well but doesn't seen to cover with a ligh dusting. Anyone have this problem? I use calcium plus for my DBs and that's great it gives the food a dusting one shade lighter than when I put them in.

Just wondering what people use as I have repti calcium from zoo med. if you use this, is there any tips to get a light dusting with it?

I was about to ask the same question... I have Zoo Med marked on my paper, but have used Repcal. We shall see what everyone prefers. :D

It's not so much people's preference but mainly the best for sticking too the food. I'm pretty sure that calcium is calcium as a few were saying on here when I was trying to find out. It seem too just clump on the back of say a roach and its no really a dusting. I do t want to over do it

I use "Now" brand for my regular calcium. Like you said, calcium is calcium. I can get 12 oz jars locally for $6 and it lasts a very long time, so can't go wrong. You can also order online from many places.

I use Rep-cal calcium with d3 + Herptivite (I mix it 50/50) for my vitamin/d3 supplement 1-2 times a month depending on what chameleon.

Thanks for the reply but that's not what I'm really asking! Sorry I didn't make it overly clear. there are loads of brands out there but the one I have seems to not stick very well and unless I literally rub the food in it one at a time, i then end up with turning the insect completely white. I want too make sure he isn't getting too much or too little. ill get some pics tomorrow on the two methods.

What I did that seems to be working is I got a mason jars and bought a role of screen then I put my calcium I use every feeding in the jar then cut a piece of screen big enough I could double over and screwed on the opening and I use it like a salt shaker I put my feeders in a cup and shake the calcium on them and it lightly dust them!

What I did that seems to be working is I got a mason jars and bought a role of screen then I put my calcium I use every feeding in the jar then cut a piece of screen big enough I could double over and screwed on the opening and I use it like a salt shaker I put my feeders in a cup and shake the calcium on them and it lightly dust them!

That's more like it lol

Bit like sifting it as you would flower for baking. I can't seem to find any screen where I live which will make it hard to do but ill find something I'm sure.

That's more like it lol

Bit like sifting it as you would flower for baking. I can't seem to find any screen where I live which will make it hard to do but ill find something I'm sure.

Ya exactly um try Home Depot that's where I got mine or ace hardware any place like that should have it

I seem to be the only one who uses exoterra....it coats them pretty well, I blow off the excess dust and feed my cham with tweezers one at a time in different spots ( I love watching him run around and chase them down) now everytime he sees the tweezers he comes bustin' out of wherever he was right out front to cut me off before I put it too far away, it's hilarious.
So ya lol no problems with exoterra, its the only brand available around here for some reason...

..." I use it like a salt shaker", thats a good idea, why not an 'actual' salt shaker :p

You could try it but I like the jars cause there bigger and you still should use the screen cause the holes in the salt shaker are to big and the calcium will just pour out the screen is tiny holes and will make a dust instead of just poring out!

I like the Rep Cal for calcium and the Reptivite for D3 and vit. A.

I took this info from my blog for new keepers.
https://www.chameleonforums.com/blo...-keepers-young-veiled-panther-chameleons.html

The feeders have to be "lightly" dusted with 2 kinds of supplements. When your chameleon is young you will use plain calcium (no d3) at just about every feeding...... if you skip one or two days a month that's ok. You will also need Reptivite with d3 twice a month. In this link I use the 12th and 23rd one. http://lllreptile.com/store/catalog...d-cage-cleaners/reptile-calcium-and-vitamins/

Back
Top Bottom