Where to put my Pothos plant

BCboom

I just bought a new Golden Pothos plant for my veiled chameleon enclosure and I was wondering where is the best place to put it. I don't want to hang the plant because I'm not sure the my cage could support the weight. I am thinking of putting it on the ground and training the vine to go throughout the cage. Opinions appreciated.

I have found that place on the bottom of the cage and trailing them around works well. My cham likes to have a spot were the vines make more of a screen with a branch behind the leaf screen. This is what has worked for me anyway.

I have Pothos & Wandering Jew planted in trays on the floor against the back wall. A piece of ceiling egg crate against back wall serves as a trellis. They're both climbing it and beyond.

If you'd rather mount them, a lot can be saved by just getting some aluminum stock (bar, angle, or channel—whichever you prefer) at a home improvement store, cut to length to fit the inside of the frame, drill a hole at each end and attach with sheet metal screws (stainless are best). This should also strengthen the frame of your enclosure. ;)

Cut a pvc pipe or a wooden dowel and place it across the top of the cage from frame to frame. Then attach a peice of mechanics wire to the pipe. Through a tiny hole in the screen and twist a loop in the end to attach the hanging Pothos

Back
Top Bottom