where to observe in Florida

Very surprised anyone's even willing to help this fella out and give him ANY info.. I'm not sure he understands that once he captures these wild chams he's got to care for them until he finds a buyer. Caring for wild caught chameleons and keeping them healthy enough for resale isn't the easiest endeavor to partake in. It's best to leave this task up too seasoned veterans in chameleon husbandry. And whatever you do please don't go out and catch these guys to "flip". I'm not sure if you've said what your intentions are with these animals but please find a different way to make a quick buck if that's what your aiming for..

You guys make Florida sound worse than a 3rd world country. I learned about their crazy trespassing laws while running on the beach, they are nothing like Hawaii's or even Utah's. The western side of the country is so much better. :D

Cams on Bokeelia would be awesome. I stay on Pine Island 2-3 times a year, and could see it as a good spot. Well, as long as the bald eagles and Osprey didn't munch on them!

+1 For the plea to please be responsible as regards private property!

Not trying to hijack the thread, but I love Pine Island and Bokeelia. Almost bought an acre undeveloped there last year, but the deal fell through. Still on the lookout for that perfect property though. And just to keep it Cam-centric, yes...the cams would be moving with me. LOL

Let me know how it goes,I really want to find an Ambanja! I hear there a several populations around the south Tampa Sarasota area but that's as specific as I got. Would love to join you myself one of these days.

Ill tell you exactly where you can find some chams in Florida. Most are the Turquoise Blue ones but there are some Sunburst in the same area. The Ft. Myers area is no long available. It was actually destroyed by the state. All that is left is a big retention pond. There might be some still around but they would be in peoples yards so no good.

BUT. Head over to Labelle. If your taking the 80 into town turn south on the 29/ main st. in the center of town. Stay on that road for just a little bit then turn left onto A Rd. Yes "A" road. Down that whole stretch you can find them or atleast used to. By the hundreds the right time of year. DO NOT go into peoples yards here. You will be shot at. Along the road are drainage ditches with trees and brush on the other side. Its ok to go in the ditch and up to the trees. Just dont go to far in.

Go at night and use a flashlight. Thats the only way youll find them. When the light hits em they shine bright green and are easy to spot.
Hello. I know this thread was old but I’ve been scrolling through some threads like this and I was wondering if you still go to that spot with the turquoise chameleons?I would love to check it out. They are panther chams right? And if you still go, can you tell me the spot? Thanks.

Hello. I know this thread was old but I’ve been scrolling through some threads like this and I was wondering if you still go to that spot with the turquoise chameleons?I would love to check it out. They are panther chams right? And if you still go, can you tell me the spot? Thanks.

They are velieds, turquoise velieds.

He hasn't been online in 5 years.

Your just like OP, no one is going to let you on their land... Your going to try and do it anyway and end up hurt or in jail.

You have been linked 2 groups that will give tours, where they likely have deals with the property owners. You said the price is too high, when its really not. If you dont have a few hundred to go on the tour, you cant afford the chameleon anyway. Finding a free animal does not stop further later cost, like proper caging and food. If you cant afford to pay for the tour, you cant afford the animals your trying to capture.

Back
Top Bottom