Where to look for safe fake plants

So despite me being able to have good husbandry for my little girl, I am very bad at keeping plants alive! I've never been able to get a hang of it. In about 2 weeks or so I'm moving my Bingo into her new 2x2x4! I plan on having a few small live plants in the enclosure to keep up the humidity, but was wondering where you all would suggest to look for good fake plants to take up space in her new viv. I know that the more space taken up = the better!

I had a hard time keeping plants alive until I got the proper lighting. Now they are growing like crazy.

Are you using any plant lights?
I’m not! At least I haven’t been in my small viv that I got from petco haha shame on me :rolleyes:!! When I update her to the 2x2x4 I’m sure I’d have more space for the plant light. Which do you recommend?

I’m not! At least I haven’t been in my small viv that I got from petco haha shame on me :rolleyes:!! When I update her to the 2x2x4 I’m sure I’d have more space for the plant light. Which do you recommend?

On my 2x2x4 cages I use a quad fixture with 3 - 6500k t5 plant bulbs and 1 uvb bulb.
C96AD932-0D69-4B14-BC8A-2021C1928E5D.jpeg

One fake plant isn't a huge deal but what happens to the odds of her trying one if she's suddenly surrounded by them and not eating normally due to the stress of the move? Odds go wayyy up don't they? When it comes to keeping females, especially veilds, good plant lighting is a must. You don't have to go get a $200 light just for plants, just ensure you have 1, preferably 3, 6500k bulbs in there somewhere. I think you'll find your thumb is greener than you thought!

Okay SO!! Looks like I’ll be getting one 6500k bulb to start with! I hope you all are right & im able to keep my first plant alive :LOL: . Any suggestion on the best/ most space taking up plant to start me off? This is the list Ive comprised!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    112.3 KB · Views: 100
Last edited:
Okay SO!! Looks like I’ll be getting one 6500k bulb to start with! I hope you all are right & im able to keep my first plant alive :LOL: . Any suggestion on the best/ most space taking up plant to start me off? This is the list Ive comprised!!
I would stay away from the wandering jew. They are fragile... Break easy under their grip and weight. You want something sturdy.. Pothos, dwarf umbrella.

Anyone have any tips on how to make sure my dracena doesn’t get too much water? Some of the leaves are turning yellow/pinkish and I think it’s because it’s getting too much water! I tried putting plastic wrap over the top, but I’m not sure if there’s a better way? TIA!

Back
Top Bottom