Where to get inexpensive plexi?

I was able to pick up an XL Chameleon cage today and was wondering where I might pick up some inexpensive plexi sheets to cover the right and back panels of the cage?

I am trying to keep the humidity up and because Texas is so bloody hot we like to keep the ac really low which keeps it kind of dry in the house. I have closed the air vent in the Menagerie which has helped a little but not enough.

**Please refrain from the argument
**about ventilation. I am aware of the **ventilation needs and will be leaving the **bottom open along with the top and one **side.

I saw a pack of 4 that measured 24 by 48 in Plexi at Home Depot for $114 but I was hoping I wouldn't have to buy that many or it would be less expensive. Any ideas?

I was able to pick up an XL Chameleon cage today and was wondering where I might pick up some inexpensive plexi sheets to cover the right and back panels of the cage?

I am trying to keep the humidity up and because Texas is so bloody hot we like to keep the ac really low which keeps it kind of dry in the house. I have closed the air vent in the Menagerie which has helped a little but not enough.

**Please refrain from the argument
**about ventilation. I am aware of the **ventilation needs and will be leaving the **bottom open along with the top and one **side.

I saw a pack of 4 that measured 24 by 48 in Plexi at Home Depot for $114 but I was hoping I wouldn't have to buy that many or it would be less expensive. Any ideas?

Hi there! I feel like Plexi is overkill and expensive. If you're looking to cover a side or two, that window shrink wrap stuff does the trick! You can barely see it, it's easy to remove/replace, and it's cheap to boot! :)

That's what I'll be using for my girl's cage when I revamp it. It's very dry here.

It might actually be easier to cover with a sheet? I’m in Texas too, and yeah i know xD its hard to keep their cage regulated! But if the experts here say no to a sheet, live plants are a great way to keep humidity up! As far as plexi, that’s going to be the price everywhere! Plexi for some unknown reason is ungodly expensive and unreasonable compared to glass

Hi there! I feel like Plexi is overkill and expensive. If you're looking to cover a side or two, that window shrink wrap stuff does the trick! You can barely see it, it's easy to remove/replace, and it's cheap to boot! :)

That's what I'll be using for my girl's cage when I revamp it. It's very dry here.
What Karma said! ^^^^^ its never even crossed my mind to use shrink wrap! I figured it wouldn’t be safe because its a soft plastic?

What Karma said! ^^^^^ its never even crossed my mind to use shrink wrap! I figured it wouldn’t be safe because its a soft plastic?

Should be 100% safe! I wouldn't have your cham in there while you were heating the plastic to shrink it, but it's otherwise safe from everything I've read on the matter. (y)

If you don't mind a more ghetto look, plastic shower curtains also do the trick. I have a jungle pattern one covering 3 sides of Lily's enclosure, haha!

only bad if they start trying to eat it! But being as its on the outside of the enclosure, I wouldn’t worry about them ever being able to eat it! Shower curtains are thicker and meant to take water! So shouldn’t have to worry at all! Totally safe

Ghetto? What are you talking about?! That sounds amazing! Just cut it to size and stick some Velcro to it and the cage so you can easily remove and clean it or to air the enclosure out!

Mhm! It works pretty well as long as you cut it nicely! I used Scotch tape, cause I originally intended it to be temporary. 6 months later... :LOL:

Soft plastic screening would be bad? Please Say It Isn't So I was extremely excited and already searching.

Totally fine! Just shrink it on to the outside of your cage and cut to size. It peels away pretty easily, so you can remove and attach fresh stuff as needed. I wouldnt worry about soft plastic unless the cham in question can somehow get ahold of it! Outside of the cage, it's golden. :)

If you don't mind a more ghetto look, plastic shower curtains also do the trick. I have a jungle pattern one covering 3 sides of Lily's enclosure, haha!
That's what I use. Ghetto or not I like the look. Mine has trees in the background and blends nicely with the plants.
Maybe the black duct tape on the outside isn't the best look but the inside looks great.

I tried the plexi deal, honestly it was bulky and ugly and got dirty and scratched easily.
I use this now and it's a god sent!
Duck Brand Indoor 10-Window Shrink Film Insulator Kit, 62-Inch x 420-Inch, 286216 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B002GKC2GW/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_w7pDDbFZ6K0FX

Highly recommend. This is what @GoodKarma19 was speaking of.

You are complete and total hero! I read your post yesterday morning I got on Amazon immediately and ordered it same day shipping! I got it by 5 p.m. last night and was able to finish my build!

Back
Top Bottom